Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I lived with the same people in my first year and we got on amazingly - they were some of the nicest most fun people i've ever known, so naturally we moved into a different house for our second year together.
    I am always always forgotten, i'll come out my room and the house will be silent and later everyone will come in from a day out and be like 'oh sorry we forgot about you'. this has happened for days out, even holidays! its ridiculous. Pretty humiliating asking the group chat if anyone wants to hang out and they're in a different country.
    I am a good friend, and am always the first port of call when someone needs something but when I need a friend, no one has the time for me. I keep coming home because i'm so upset and isolated - they even message my boyfriend and ask him to hang out and not me. I was so excited to host an event at uni, no one told me they couldn't come so I reserved them a table and when no one showed i just wanted to burst into tears it was so embarrassing.
    I don't know what I do wrong to be forgotten all the time, is there any way I can move out or am I going to just have to keep going this year?
    thank you to any help.

ReputationRep:
    Move out why continue to be treated like this. Chin up n shizz
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you need to find somewhere else to go. You can’t be living like this. That’s really unfair to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydayyy)
    I lived with the same people in my first year and we got on amazingly - they were some of the nicest most fun people i've ever known, so naturally we moved into a different house for our second year together.
    I am always always forgotten, i'll come out my room and the house will
    I don't know what I do wrong to be forgotten all the time, is there any way I can move out or am I going to just have to keep going this year?
    thank you to any help.
    Surely you only have a couple more months to survive this - just focus on work and forget them - they sound pretty shallow. You'd need to find someone to take over your room and that will probably be tricky at this stage.

What are your plans for next year? Make sure you are somewhere with real friends.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies - its nice to feel like my feelings are validated! next year I have somewhere else to go and will be moving home over summer so im just gonna stick it out but this has really helped.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.