Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, I went to the assessment centre on February 2nd for a role in the advanced manufacturing apprenticeship based in West Midlands. I was told that I would hear about the outcome within 1-2 weeks. It has now been over a month and I've not heard anything back.
    Anyone else having the same issue as me? Have they even started contacting the advanced apprenticeship candidates back?
    Thanks.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RiyanC)
    Quick question, I went to the assessment centre on February 2nd for a role in the advanced manufacturing apprenticeship based in West Midlands. I was told that I would hear about the outcome within 1-2 weeks. It has now been over a month and I've not heard anything back.
    Anyone else having the same issue as me? Have they even started contacting the advanced apprenticeship candidates back?
    Thanks.
    You’ve posted this in the university application section of TSR. There’s another section for Apprenticeships and alternatives to university.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Thanks.
    (Original post by PQ)
    You’ve posted this in the university application section of TSR. There’s another section for Apprenticeships and alternatives to university.
    I've moved it
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I've moved it
    Ta.

There’s been an increase recently of job and prefect applications threads ending up in the ucas forum. Is it the new app navigation do you think?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by PQ)
    Ta.

There’s been an increase recently of job and prefect applications threads ending up in the ucas forum. Is it the new app navigation do you think?
    Possibly, but I think app posts include a sig?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Possibly, but I think app posts include a sig?
    :iiam:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    Like that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    You'll hear back eventually, you've just got to wait it out.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, still haven't had a reply, but a person in another thread call Tubbz said he had to wait around 4 months for a reply so it could take a bit of time. Best of luck to you though, hope we get it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks.
    Can take ages, wait it out. With the change to the structure of the application process, I assume certain managers are dealing with different groups of applicants, so depending on who is dealing with your area will affect how quickly you hear back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I received my formal written offer of acceptance from JLR yesterday for the advanced apprenticeship based in Halewood so hopefully they're just working their way through location to location, my AC was in January, phonecall with verbal offer in February.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats mate. Rang them today and was told I was one of the few in my group to have passed the AC - so hopefully I should at least be on the reserve list, if not contacted with an offer.

(Original post by Ricey.)
    Hi, I received my formal written offer of acceptance from JLR yesterday for the advanced apprenticeship based in Halewood so hopefully they're just working their way through location to location, my AC was in January, phonecall with verbal offer in February.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats mate. Rang them today and was told I was one of the few in my group to have passed the AC - so hopefully I should at least be on the reserve list, if not contacted with an offer.
    Good luck mate, if you've passed the AC you've got a high chance, for me it was verbal offer, role preference then written offer over the course of 6 weeks or so. Just waiting on the next step for things like starter forms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricey.)
    Good luck mate, if you've passed the AC you've got a high chance, for me it was verbal offer, role preference then written offer over the course of 6 weeks or so. Just waiting on the next step for things like starter forms
    Hi, what do you mean role preference? I was asked about which plant I would like to be based in, there was Solihull and a few others, I wasn't asked about role preference though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aqeel2085)
    Hi, what do you mean role preference? I was asked about which plant I would like to be based in, there was Solihull and a few others, I wasn't asked about role preference though.
    Hi, not sure if it applies to all plants but I was offered a choice between roles, either maintenance engineer or tool maker (Halewood plant)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.