Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is she a fake friend? watch

Announcements

So basically, long story short a few months ago I was in a friendship group of five people and of course, in any group, you're closer to some more so than others. One of the girls I was very close to made a comment about my appearance whilst we were hanging out as a group, something that I was very insecure about and no one had ever mentioned to me before, I actually cried in front of all my friends and ran out of the room.

My friendship with that girl didn't last and she kinda left the group especially since none of the other girls were very close to her. Fast forward a couple of months, I found out that one of the girls went out of her way to 'help' this person and when I say help, I mean she didn't have to, it was a trivial way but she was basically trying to make friends with this person.

Now, I understand that obviously, your friends can be friend with someone you don't like but i always thought that if someone really upset my friend, said something so offensive and made that person cry and uncomfortable, you wouldn't go out of your way to become friends with that person, especially since you initially said you disliked that person anyway.

Can I trust her as a 'close friend' anymore?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically, long story short a few months ago I was in a friendship group of five people and of course, in any group, you're closer to some more so than others. One of the girls I was very close to made a comment about my appearance whilst we were hanging out as a group, something that I was very insecure about and no one had ever mentioned to me before, I actually cried in front of all my friends and ran out of the room.

My friendship with that girl didn't last and she kinda left the group especially since none of the other girls were very close to her. Fast forward a couple of months, I found out that one of the girls went out of her way to 'help' this person and when I say help, I mean she didn't have to, it was a trivial way but she was basically trying to make friends with this person.

Now, I understand that obviously, your friends can be friend with someone you don't like but i always thought that if someone really upset my friend, said something so offensive and made that person cry and uncomfortable, you wouldn't go out of your way to become friends with that person, especially since you initially said you disliked that person anyway.

It's up to her who she's friends with. It sounds like this happened quite a long time ago and nothing has happened since. It's probably not even crossed your friend's mind. I don't see why this would make her untrustworthy. I think she's probably just trying to be nice

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    It's up to her who she's friends with. It sounds like this happened quite a long time ago and nothing has happened since. It's probably not even crossed your friend's mind. I don't see why this would make her untrustworthy. I think she's probably just trying to be nice
    No, because we spoke about it recently and the 'fight' we had is well known within our friendship group. And yeah fair enough, but I wouldn't be friends with someone who literally said something so awful to my friend and made that person cry. And EVEN if you agree that it's okay for her to be friends with whomever she wishes, I would still say that she didn't have to tell me that she's now friends with this person.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been in a similar situation to this and all I can say is be careful about what you say both with the person still in the group and the one who got removed from it cause the chances are that there will be a moment where either some of your personal business gets spread around or you’ll become the victim of some kind of manipulation
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Heck no!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.