Turn on thread page Beta

So when I speak to him one on one I do my best and engage him in good conversation trying to be as bold as I can without showing any signs of nervousness and we smile at each other and whatever.

However we had to do group work like last week and I have like really bad social anxiety and avoidant personality disorder so I didn't say a single word except for when he asked me what I think about the topic during the discussion and I first was like I need time to think but then everyone was constantly firing away then there's me trying my best to listen to everyone and take notes.

Now I'm sad because he has the seen the real me that I have been trying to hide from for the past year or so. I feel hopeless and would like the weeks to go by quickly so I'm off to Uni before I even know it...I literally want to avoid him now but I know it's impossible because he's in my form and one of my subject class.

Any advice on how to move on from my crush...

ReputationRep:
    He's seen the real you in one on one conversations. Some people are naturally more quiet and don't speak in groups, myself included. Also if you were in a group of noisier/louder people then not really your fault. It's not the end of the world , he's just seen another side of you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey, dont worry too much about it. Maybe its a good thing that he saw the real side of you. Hiding who you are isnt always something good

(Original post by AzureCeleste)
    He's seen the real you in one on one conversations. Some people are naturally more quiet and don't speak in groups, myself included. Also if you were in a group of noisier/louder people then not really your fault. It's not the end of the world , he's just seen another side of you.
    Hey It is is true I'm naturally a more quiet person in class but I feel so worthless now because he was literally the one arguing the most when we had our debate with the other group in the class it's like I have good ideas but I have a fear of saying to in group work of being mocked or ridiculed. If you tell me to work in pairs however I'm completely fine but it's just the fact that people look at you in group work and I have low self esteem and confidence paired so I was constantly looking down at my paper but occasionally looking up to see whoever that was speaking. I think he was annoyed specifically how I didn't even look even once at him when he spoke during the debate.

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Hey, dont worry too much about it. Maybe its a good thing that he saw the real side of you. Hiding who you are isnt always something good
    Hey I guess seeing it now is better than never finding about it but I honestly am going to feel kinda bad about what I did because I don;t even want to have to explain myself as to why I behaved that way so I just wanna forget and move on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey It is is true I'm naturally a more quiet person in class but I feel so worthless now because he was literally the one arguing the most when we had our debate with the other group in the class it's like I have good ideas but I have a fear of saying to in group work of being mocked or ridiculed. If you tell me to work in pairs however I'm completely fine but it's just the fact that people look at you in group work and I have low self esteem and confidence paired so I was constantly looking down at my paper but occasionally looking up to see whoever that was speaking. I think he was annoyed specifically how I didn't even look even once at him when he spoke during the debate.
    You sound so similar to me. I'm dreadful with group work, never like vocalizing my ideas-pairs or on my own is what I tend to prefer. He's just seen another side to you, not everyone is a constant extrovert. If you being quiet in a group task puts him off you then honestly, he's not worth your time. You'll move on eventually, it takes time but it will happen. I doubt it has put him off though.

(Original post by AzureCeleste)
    You sound so similar to me. I'm dreadful with group work, never like vocalizing my ideas-pairs or on my own is what I tend to prefer. He's just seen another side to you, not everyone is a constant extrovert. If you being quiet in a group task puts him off you then honestly, he's not worth your time. You'll move on eventually, it takes time but it will happen. I doubt it has put him off though.
    Hey again thank you for your advice and I feel glad that I'm not the only who's like this. Yeah hopefully I can move on as there's only 13 weeks left now and I guess I'll just have to let time take its' course.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey I guess seeing it now is better than never finding about it but I honestly am going to feel kinda bad about what I did because I don;t even want to have to explain myself as to why I behaved that way so I just wanna forget and move on...
    Definetly going to be hard but the more you dwell on it, the worse the thought will get inside your head. If he doesnt like the real side of you, then he isnt worth your time x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.