Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What happens if you take the contraceptive pill whilst on your period ? watch

Announcements

I am currently on the pill and on my week break. The last time I took my pill was Monday and have only got my period today so that means tomorrow I’m due to start taking it again. What should I do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Impossible to get pregnant in a period. So just take it when your off.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    The thing is it’s my birthday party on Saturday so I don’t want to be on my period then

ReputationRep:
    Never extend the break, take the pill after 7 days even if you're still on your period

(Original post by Anonymous)
    This is incorrect - you can get pregnant whilst on your period ( sperm live for up to 5 days) and this person is not on a period - she is having a withdrawal bleed due to pill break. Always take the pill as instructed. If combined pill do not extend pill free interval (even if bleeding) as will put at risk of pregnancy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.