The Student Room Group

The Journey for All 9s

Welcome to my blog!! :smile:

I'm trying to get all 9s. It's very ambitious but I know I can do it. I'll attempt to post daily or every other day.

My November mock results (I didn't revise):

Maths - 6

Combined Science - 8

English Lit - 6

RS - 6

English Lang - 6

Geography - 6

French - 7

Art - 3
Reply 1
I lost my exam sketchbook on Monday. Now I have to start again.😭 Guys pray for me!!!
If you didn't revise and still got good grades then imagine what you could achieve by revising!
Good luck! Have you started GCSE revision?
Reply 4
Original post by thekidwhogames
Good luck! Have you started GCSE revision?

Yes, I have I've finished making notes for English Lit and Geography. I'm halfway through Biology, RS, and French. I need to start Chemistry and Physics.
Reply 5
Original post by Fazzy_77
If you didn't revise and still got good grades then imagine what you could achieve by revising!

I know but I don't like to stress myself too much.
Original post by tito_xoxo
I know but I don't like to stress myself too much.

The stress will be worth it when we get the long summer holiday and then on results day if you get good grades.
Yes, I have I've finished making notes for English Lit and Geography. I'm halfway through Biology, RS, and French. I need to start Chemistry and Physics.

Ah damn! You should be set for those 9s! :smile:
Reply 8
I lost my exam sketchbook on Monday. Now I have to start again.😭 Guys pray for me!!!

Whattttt that's devastating! Was it for year 9/10 or year 11?
Reply 9
Original post by B-sian
Whattttt that's devastating! Was it for year 9/10 or year 11?

It's the exam one that is started from January and it's worth 40% of my final grade.
You know it isn't possible to recieve all 9s, when there is a calibration curve to separate the academically gifted students from the sheep. The statistical chance of this occuring would be 0.0008%, my apologise for being pessimistic, however being truthful is more important. Although, I admire your dilligent determination and optimism, the students who deserve these grades were the ones who sweated and resilliently worked with such extreme deterination from day 1, and yet even they won't recieve all 9s. Last year only 2000 students recieved 3 9s (Including me),placing this students in the top 0.3%. This value was calculated for students achieving 3 9s, now consider recieving 8,9, or 10. Only select schools (Approxiamtely 5-15) will ever see this statistic occur.
Reply 11
Yesterday I did 2 hours of Maths, 1 hour of English Lit, 1 hour of Physics and 1 hour of French.

My mock results are not the best my usual grade for English Lit is 8 but I panicked during Paper 1 and only wrote an introduction and 1 paragraph for Macbeth and Frankenstein. I also normally get an 8 for Geography and RS. I don't know what happened in November.

But for my February mocks, I improved much more, I haven't got the results yet. I have mocks again starting next week.😨

Well look for it as hard as you can and try to remember some of the work that you did to improve on it. I lost my sketchbook and then found it about a week before i had to hand it in.
Reply 13
I just had a third round of mocks. I've improved so much in French Speaking. I used to get 30 out 60 but I just got 54 out 60. I'm so proud of myself 😃 I moved two grades up in English Language as well.
Reply 14
I'm at grade 8 for RS and 7 for Geography. But I still didn't revise for these subjects. But I'm going to practice the longer mark questions because that's where I lose most my marks.
Reply 15
I was 1% away from a 7 in Maths. I messed up paper 1. I'm actually tired and almost gave up
Reply 16
I've done 5 exams so far and it's going good. Massive improvement
Reply 17
I've done all my exams and to be honest I found a massive improvement for all of them, though I still did stupid mistakes in some of my exams. I'm lowkey worried for English Language I did well in Paper 1 but stuffed up Paper 2 in question 2 and 4. I also stuffed up in RS I didn't answer a 5 mark question or finish a 12 mark question in Paper 2. But I don't truly know how I did but I'm confident :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending