Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The email said "Hi, James-Smith, I am Jane, are you near?"

(I changed the names)

I have no idea who sent it and am just really confused. I don't know anyone called Jane so it definitely isn't anyone I know. How would they find out my email address?

ReputationRep:
    Don't reply, ignore it. No point in replying, some places have lists of people's e-mails and just send e-mails. I'd not worry and just ignore it/block the user

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like the lady who lives 3.2 miles away from me who wants to befriend me.

*do not reply

ReputationRep:
    I just got another one from a different person.

James-Smith, hi, how R you?
    Are you in ?

(Name changed)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Ignore. By replying, you're implying that the email address is active.

Most providers will allow you to block certain email addresses or send them to your spam box.

ReputationRep:
    its fake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by todger911)
    its fake
    So just from some spam account?

ReputationRep:
    Are you able to block email addresses from your contacts? Report possibly. But definitely don't respond. Most likely a spam email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminenctang)
    Are you able to block email addresses from your contacts? Report possibly. But definitely don't respond. Most likely a spam email.
    At the moment blocking (if possible) won't make much difference as they are from two different accounts.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.