Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,

Planning to go to University of Nottingham this September. Can existing students tell me more about the pros and cons of each halls of residence at the University Park Campus of University of Nottingham?

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nightingale Hall is absolutely lovely, prettiest one on campus definitely but it depends what kind of uni life your after. Some halls tend to be more of a party than others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emwhiteuon)
    Nightingale Hall is absolutely lovely, prettiest one on campus definitely but it depends what kind of uni life your after. Some halls tend to be more of a party than others
    What would you say are the most party halls 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sport7710)
    What would you say are the most party halls 😂
    I’ve heard ancaster or hugh Stewart, although I suppose it depends on the students your year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that..
    And how about jubilee campus (self-catered halls) /Raleigh park/st peters court etc...
    Quieter? Or livelier!?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It very much depends on who else is there. You also need to look at the rooms - some halls have at least three different sorts, from 'shared bathroom' to 'one toilet & shower per two rooms' to 'en suite', and the rooms can vary enormously in quality.

Self-catering has the advantage that you're effectively flat-sharing whereas catered halls can have micro kitchens totally unsuitable for parties or even hanging out in.

Have you visited?

ReputationRep:
    Any reviews/suggestions of Cloister House/ Melton Hall/Raleigh Park at UoN for a post-grad joining School of Psychology? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    It very much depends on who else is there. You also need to look at the rooms - some halls have at least three different sorts, from 'shared bathroom' to 'one toilet & shower per two rooms' to 'en suite', and the rooms can vary enormously in quality.

Self-catering has the advantage that you're effectively flat-sharing whereas catered halls can have micro kitchens totally unsuitable for parties or even hanging out in.

Have you visited?
    Yes I have visited Sherwood hall in the past. And to be honest I wasn’t impressed. The Junior common room was so plain too. I wish there were some self catered halls on university park campus.

I may be considering St peters court, Broadgate, or even Albion House.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HealthyForUni)
    Yes I have visited Sherwood hall in the past. And to be honest I wasn’t impressed. The Junior common room was so plain too. I wish there were some self catered halls on university park campus.

I may be considering St peters court, Broadgate, or even Albion House.
    What are you studying - broadgate Park is on university park which has most subjects on unless your doing comp sci or business. I lived in St. Peter’s Court last year and it was lovely and great but felt far away from university park so I imagine getting from broadgate to jubilee campus will be a pain too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vashisthashubhi)
    Any reviews/suggestions of Cloister House/ Melton Hall/Raleigh Park at UoN for a post-grad joining School of Psychology? Thanks
    Raliegh is at least a 40 min walk away from psych building

ReputationRep:
    Raliegh is at least a 40 min walk away from psych building
    Thanks- ya saw that! Any insights on Cloister and Melton Hall? Are you a Psych student?

ReputationRep:
    I lived at St Peters Court a few years ago! I didn’t find it far at all! I was based in Queens medical centre though but I used to walk every morning and there’s a free bus of you really want! I enjoyed my walk! Took about 10-15 minutes. I loved the atmosphere and surrounding area plus you were closer to town. The Psych building is on the perfect side of campus if you cross the QMC footbridge too! As long as I correctly recall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveboi115)
    I lived at St Peters Court a few years ago! I didn’t find it far at all! I was based in Queens medical centre though but I used to walk every morning and there’s a free bus of you really want! I enjoyed my walk! Took about 10-15 minutes. I loved the atmosphere and surrounding area plus you were closer to town. The Psych building is on the perfect side of campus if you cross the QMC footbridge too! As long as I correctly recall.
    Thank you, yes Psych building is near QMC which is East Entrance of the Univ Park Campus! I can even look at Broadgate Park in that case- walk/bus both should be okay for daily commute.

How about Nottingham Two by Student Roost?

ReputationRep:
    I was shown round sherwood too and it didn't look great. However i have got an offer for Nigthingale and from what i have heard it is much better and one of the best in University park

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 3, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.