Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts/opinions on Toilet bans during lesson time watch

ReputationRep:
    For my English gcse AQA speaking and listening I am speaking about toilet bans during lesson time, which is something I have in my school.

I would like to know if anyone is in a similar situation and can share them with me as well as any opinions, stories, and any help in writing it would be much appreciated! Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey you may find this thread useful:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

ReputationRep:
    also this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    hey you may find this thread useful:

Thanks a mill, how would you start an essay on this?

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone should have the right to go to the toilet during lesson time! Alternatives to the ban could be for the teacher to limit the amount of times students leave lessons to go to the toilet - this can prevent students from leaving lessons purely to escape them. Also, maybe only one student should be allowed to go at any one time because when I was a school there was a lot of students(girls particularly)that asked to go to the toilet in groups to skip part of the lesson and gossip instead.
    Hope this helps and good luck with your exam
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolnerd123)
    Thanks a mill, how would you start an essay on this?
    "Surely in today's society it is a form of child abuse to refuse a request to leave the classroom for ablution purposes."

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all for your replies! Very helpful. Yes I had a situation where I had to leave the classroom "illeagaly" since I needed so badly and the teacher wouldn't let me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harriet2017)
    I think everyone should have the right to go to the toilet during lesson time! Alternatives to the ban could be for the teacher to limit the amount of times students leave lessons to go to the toilet - this can prevent students from leaving lessons purely to escape them.
    I definitely agree with this, personally I never had a toilet ban when I went to school and to be honest people only went if they genuinely needed the toilet, normal toilets were locked during lesson times so there was one toilet by the reception which they had a key to, your teacher would sign your planner and you would show it to the people at reception to show that you had permission to go to the toilet.

Anyways, having a limit would be good, to be honest 1 is enough. Sometimes I may of had a teacher that refused to let you go to the toilet the lesson after break, which is understandable like you could've just gone during break, but some students had a yellow card which they showed to teachers when they needed a toilet, idk exactly what they said, but it was something students were given if they needed a toilet regularly due to having something wrong with there bladder etc, these students in a way were lucky because alot used it to there advantage.

You could also say about the fact that imagine how embarrassing it would be to wee/poo yourself in front of everyone. Someone I know pooed them self in Year 7 and was pretty much tormented about it for the rest of there school life. GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolnerd123)
    Thanks all for your replies! Very helpful. Yes I had a situation where I had to leave the classroom "illeagaly" since I needed so badly and the teacher wouldn't let me.
    haha lol, if you don't mind me asking what happened when you returned? As I just said in a previous reply, it was almost impossible to go to the toilet without permission in my school as the normal toilets were locked. Every now and again they would be unlocked or sometimes people even managed to take the key from reception and go without getting caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbaforcba)
    haha lol, if you don't mind me asking what happened when you returned? As I just said in a previous reply, it was almost impossible to go to the toilet without permission in my school as the normal toilets were locked. Every now and again they would be unlocked or sometimes people even managed to take the key from reception and go without getting caught.
    He's a chilled teacher which is why I did go and the toilets are all unlocked yet when I did return I just went back to my seat as though nothing happened

ReputationRep:
    i feel like there should be a 5 minute break between hour lessons for toilets or something, because it's unfair that we're not allowed to go for hours on end- ESPECIALLY for girls on their period! it's really awkward and embarrassing to have to argue with the teacher that you should be allowed to go because you're on your period, especially the male teachers who (in my experience) are usually harsher because they don't necessarily 'get' that it's important to change pads and tampons regularly to stop leakage or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Some of my teachers were pretty strict, I remember once I was not allowed to go. Back then in year 9 I was too shy to walk out but I wish I did now haha 😂 Another point you could make is how are students going to concentrate in lessons if they are desperate for a wee!! 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Year 6 teacher here. I never allow children to use the toilet during lessons regardless of gender.

ReputationRep:
    Teachers manage to survive the day without going to toilet between lessons, why should we require breaks?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.