Turn on thread page Beta

Amazon delivery habits watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Amazon just left a package of a new Kindle outside my door and yet I hadn't added that as a delivery option as I'm not sure how secure my apartment building is.

I'm a bit annoyed with them as it could have been stolen or tampered with.

If claimed I didn't receive the package, how would they be able to prove it? There are no cameras in the corridor and no windows that look into the corridor so no one would have seen me taking the package. I just wonder how they can be so audacious in just leaving a package like that.

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm not planning to claim I didn't get package. I actually want to make a complaint.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This is not uncommon practice. If the package were to be stolen and you made a claim, Amazon would not be able to prove either way and would have to reimburse you. Absolutely make a claim because it's not good practice. That said, part of the problem is with how much Amazon expects of its staff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    This is not uncommon practice. If the package were to be stolen and you made a claim, Amazon would not be able to prove either way and would have to reimburse you. Absolutely make a claim because it's not good practice. That said, part of the problem is with how much Amazon expects of its staff.
    Thanks! Yeah I suppose the poor staff are at their mercy, with ridiculous targets. I feel bad shopping at amazon for that reason, and yet they are convenient most of the time and have a wide range.

Update, they have credited £20 into my account, so I guess they are forgiven.

The credit is because I has already complained to them last night, as I spent the whole afternoon waiting for the delivery and it never turned up, yet I’d cancelled all my plans in the afternoon waiting for it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Fruli)
    Thanks! Yeah I suppose the poor staff are at their mercy, with ridiculous targets. I feel bad shopping at amazon for that reason, and yet they are convenient most of the time and have a wide range.

Update, they have credited £20 into my account, so I guess they are forgiven.

The credit is because I has already complained to them last night, as I spent the whole afternoon waiting for the delivery and it never turned up, yet I’d cancelled all my plans in the afternoon waiting for it.
    At the end of the day, that's business. Low prices and convenience come at a cost somewhere. For Amazon, it tends to be their staff. I hugely appreciate Amazon but there are some fundamental flaws in both their business and in how impatient it has made us all.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.