?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
how can I be able to revise effectively in English literature
honeyofcourse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
to analyse quotes, make mind maps with them in the middle and make points about the quotes going off the bubble. do mini tests to learn quotes you want to memorise and key context. it may be worth using flashcards for this, or a flashcard app like quizlet. read through the book/ play and take note of key events and themes. try to memorise a couple of quotes for each main theme and/or character, although some can be used for more than one. try to assign context to them as well, just in case you need to add context in certain questions. my teacher made us huge tables with several themes and characters for rows and 'sections' of the play for columns so we could find quotes for each thing which occurred during certain parts of the play- it showed us how the plot progresses for each theme/ character. also make sure you can annotate extracts with literary devices/ techniques. past papers or even just annotating random extracts of things you find (eg. old books, newspaper articles) can be good practice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads