Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ointed mAnyone some really effective last month revision tips maybe from people who did really well in a short period of revisited time or people who did their GCSE's and revision tips they wished they had done because I've even been watching scientific study stips and revision tips for studying and I don't know what to choose, these are my subjects:
    -Edexcel: Higher maths, history, English, literature(Macbeth, Jekyll & Hyde lord of the flies and conflict poetry) and French(Foundation)
    AQA: GCSE Combined Science Higher and Religious Education
    OCR: Old spec DT and 9-1 computer science
    The majority of my revision books are GCP(which I use as an excuse to pay attention at school) and I pretty much have workbooks for all of them but I don't know how to utilise them? My best option so far is to just do practice papers online(but even I don't know if that will only help?!) http://www.fastpastpapers.com/index.html or maybe by GCP'sones, which I've bought for computer science and maths, but I honestly do not know what to do I've even bought flash cards , my exams start on May 14th and I've got my second week of the 2n set of mocks tomorrow and I've already ****ed up my first set of mocks in Christmas. For my A-levels, I'm doing Single Maths, English Language and Chemistry, so I am willing to just get these GCSE's out of the way and ace them, as long as you guys who were or are in a similar position as me know what's best to do? Also, shall I really pay attention in class and do homework, because they don't seem to work for me, because of the CGP revision books are already useful and detailed enough for revision *sighs* God help me and our corrupt education system. I also realised that I'm such a procrastinator and because of my high expectation vs. low reality, that really has disappointed me. Also, like I said, really don't give a crap about mocks, just like I don't give one about homework, paying attention in class and doing homework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BT144)
    ointed mAnyone some really effective last month revision tips maybe from people who did really well in a short period of revisited time or people who did their GCSE's and revision tips they wished they had done because I've even been watching scientific study stips and revision tips for studying and I don't know what to choose, these are my subjects:
    -Edexcel: Higher maths, history, English, literature(Macbeth, Jekyll & Hyde lord of the flies and conflict poetry) and French(Foundation)
    AQA: GCSE Combined Science Higher and Religious Education
    OCR: Old spec DT and 9-1 computer science
    The majority of my revision books are GCP(which I use as an excuse to pay attention at school) and I pretty much have workbooks for all of them but I don't know how to utilise them? My best option so far is to just do practice papers online(but even I don't know if that will only help?!) http://www.fastpastpapers.com/index.html or maybe by GCP'sones, which I've bought for computer science and maths, but I honestly do not know what to do I've even bought flash cards , my exams start on May 14th and I've got my second week of the 2n set of mocks tomorrow and I've already ****ed up my first set of mocks in Christmas. For my A-levels, I'm doing Single Maths, English Language and Chemistry, so I am willing to just get these GCSE's out of the way and ace them, as long as you guys who were or are in a similar position as me know what's best to do? Also, shall I really pay attention in class and do homework, because they don't seem to work for me, because of the CGP revision books are already useful and detailed enough for revision *sighs* God help me and our corrupt education system. I also realised that I'm such a procrastinator and because of my high expectation vs. low reality, that really has disappointed me. Also, like I said, really don't give a crap about mocks, just like I don't give one about homework, paying attention in class and doing homework.

Yeah i think you should pay attention in class. However instead of trying to copy everything down. Put it into your own works this should help you better understand the work.
    For science you need to understand it. What I would suggest is listing what you know and then check what is left for you to learn. Learn that. You could use quizlet to test yourself on the questions.
    For English lit i would suggest making a mind map for each character including quotes (for Macbeth) You can also use quizlet for remembering quotes.
    For maths you just need to do question. You could practice 10 questions a day and once a week learn a topic and do a question about it every day so you know you can do it.
    French use quizlet for vocab. (if you pm i can give you my login for my french kerboodle. It basically has listening for you to do and writing task. Basically it is like a french gcse book online) Also use a site where you conjugate verbs and can learn vocab .
    https://conjuguemos.com/

Sorry i can help you with any subject as i don't do those exam board but for history (my friends do it ) practice essays a lot. Do quizzes a lot to keep your knowledge to scratch. Also look at the mark scheme to see what they want from you.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.