Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I finished my year 10 but then I jumped into year 12 the following year because my age didn’t fit in year 10. I missed out GCSE exam but I will have got 4 A levels results. I have been told that I will have stayed in the UK for 3 years so I need to have GCSEs. I know that some universities require at least English language and maths. Can I do IELTS instead of GCSE English? And for maths, as I am doing it for my Alevel, I don’t think I really need it.

    Contact unis you’re interested in and ask them. I know my friend didn’t have English GCSE and Lincoln uni let him do it alongside his degree. All depends on the uni
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    depends on ur grades for a levels, if theyre good (i mean like Bs and above, maybe higher for maths) then doing a gcse in maths may not be needed but at the same time its not that hard considering u got in for maths a level and especially if u get a high grade in a level
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.