Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a new user to this app and I don’t know a lot about university. I am currently in year 12 of sixth form and don’t know when I should start writing my personal statement?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanxstrong)
    I am a new user to this app and I don’t know a lot about university. I am currently in year 12 of sixth form and don’t know when I should start writing my personal statement?
    That depends, if you wanna apply to Oxford, Cambridge or for medicine, then you should start thinking about it after you finish with your AS' since the deadline for this is quite early in the year (Oct. 15)
    However if you are applying for something else, then it's too early for you to worry about it just focus on doing your best at school now.
    in the meantime, you can start thinking about which career you wanna pursue.

ReputationRep:
    I think I want to go into a midwifery degree (that’s not classed as medicine is it?? I’m hopeless oops). I’m not really sure which university I would like to apply for because I don’t know where’s the best for midwifery, but I probably won’t apply for oxford or Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    I think I want to go into a midwifery degree (that’s not classed as medicine is it?? I’m hopeless oops). I’m not really sure which university I would like to apply for because I don’t know where’s the best for midwifery, but I probably won’t apply for oxford or Cambridge.
    Nope, not medicine at all. I don't think you can do midwifery at oxford or cambridge. Your application deadline would be January 15th, so I'd start whenever you want-I'd get it out of the way though and not let it drag on as it becomes really annoying. If I were you I'd start writing it when you get back to school, although maybe gather ideas of what to write in it over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I’m in year 12 and I’m going to be applying for midwifery! My tutors at college have told me to begin writing mine now as we have to have our first draft done for may where we will be given feedback we will then have to keep improving it. We have also got a deadline to apply for the 26th of October as they said apparently applying earlier could increase your chances, hope this helps !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meglimb)
    I’m in year 12 and I’m going to be applying for midwifery! My tutors at college have told me to begin writing mine now as we have to have our first draft done for may where we will be given feedback we will then have to keep improving it. We have also got a deadline to apply for the 26th of October as they said apparently applying earlier could increase your chances, hope this helps !!!
    Ohh ok thank you! Been doing a lot of research into unis recently and I’m actually considering choosing another route, midwifery looks amazing but a lot of physics and emotional demands... might be going into psychology instead but haven’t decided yet.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh cool, I have taken psyc as an a level and it is super interesting! X

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too! I really like it so far
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yeah me too! I really like it so far
    TSR resources for PSs are linked in my signature below

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.