Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Independent Migrant Worker application watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'd appreciate if you'd find a minute to advise me:

I'm working in England currently, I come from an EU country, I'm applying for an undergraduate Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan as a Migrant Worker. I've been advised I can apply online and then send the necessary evidence. In order to do that, in an online application I had to tick that I'm an UK born student without a valid passport - when I've chosen the path for my correct EU country of birth it leads me to a wrong form (not for migrant workers) for application via post.

As a result of submitting my application online this way my SF account shows that I should send my birth certificate of course and here's my question: Am I correct in thinking that my application will be assessed correctly for a migrant worker with independent status applying for tuition and maintenance loan if I send:
    my passport as a proof of identity,
    copy of my employment contract,
    last 3 months payslips,
    a signed declaration form,
    most recent P60,
    letter from employer or employment contracts confirming that I will have been working and supporting myself financially for 3 years prior to the start of the course ?

Last year I applied on the EU form indicated by the online system and my application was cancelled (I ended up deferring the year of entry and not taking the loan last year so I'm applying as a new student), I wouldn't want to repeat the mistake.

Thank you in advance for your response
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by pineapple55)
    Hi, I'd appreciate if you'd find a minute to advise me:

I'm working in England currently, I come from an EU country, I'm applying for an undergraduate Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan as a Migrant Worker. I've been advised I can apply online and then send the necessary evidence. In order to do that, in an online application I had to tick that I'm an UK born student without a valid passport - when I've chosen the path for my correct EU country of birth it leads me to a wrong form (not for migrant workers) for application via post.

As a result of submitting my application online this way my SF account shows that I should send my birth certificate of course and here's my question: Am I correct in thinking that my application will be assessed correctly for a migrant worker with independent status applying for tuition and maintenance loan if I send:
    my passport as a proof of identity,
    copy of my employment contract,
    last 3 months payslips,
    a signed declaration form,
    most recent P60,
    letter from employer or employment contracts confirming that I will have been working and supporting myself financially for 3 years prior to the start of the course ?

Last year I applied on the EU form indicated by the online system and my application was cancelled (I ended up deferring the year of entry and not taking the loan last year so I'm applying as a new student), I wouldn't want to repeat the mistake.

Thank you in advance for your response
    Hi pineapple55,

Once your evidence has been received it will be passed to the Migrant Worker Team to process your application.I would suggest that you enclose a cover letter confirming that you wish to apply as an EU Migrant Worker .
    In answer to your questions all the above evidence is correct and would support your Migrant Worker application and you would be classed as a new student.

Thanks.

Louise

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.