Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have some habits, and my friends make fun of me for them, in a jokey way of course, and they bring up the topic of anxiety and it really makes me think. I click my pen a lottttttt, and I shake my leg too, I get sweaty/fidgety palms and I stress over school too. I have some problems at home too (don't know if that is of any importance). At school, I get good grades idk if its just stress?

ReputationRep:
    Check out this website to learn more about anxiety, if what you read sounds a lot like you make an appointment with your GP the sooner anxiety is dealt with the better.

https://www.healthline.com/health/an...ects-on-body#1

ReputationRep:
    it could be stress but also mild anxiety, you should talk to someone about it if you're really worried about it and it is affecting your everyday life
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by qam)
    it could be stress but also mild anxiety, you should talk to someone about it if you're really worried about it and it is affecting your everyday life
    Yeah, I agree with this. Consult a Doctor if you have been showing symptoms of Anxiety and it is impacting your day to day life

(Original post by Raphy)
    I have some habits, and my friends make fun of me for them, in a jokey way of course, and they bring up the topic of anxiety and it really makes me think. I click my pen a lottttttt, and I shake my leg too, I get sweaty/fidgety palms and I stress over school too. I have some problems at home too (don't know if that is of any importance). At school, I get good grades idk if its just stress?
    I’ve had severe anxiety in my life but many years ago. Now I cope with it as just mild anxiety, and I have all of these symptoms. If it’s concerning you, then 100% go and talk to a school therapist/teacher, your parents, your local GP, anyone who you think can point you in the right direction. Even though these are mild in the scheme of things, it’s best to let someone know so it doesn’t manifest. Hang in there!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’ve had severe anxiety in my life but many years ago. Now I cope with it as just mild anxiety, and I have all of these symptoms. If it’s concerning you, then 100% go and talk to a school therapist/teacher, your parents, your local GP, anyone who you think can point you in the right direction. Even though these are mild in the scheme of things, it’s best to let someone know so it doesn’t manifest. Hang in there!
    Hey, thanks I appreciate it, I have trust issues tbh, and idk if this is part of anxiety but i sometimes breathe really heavily because it feels like i cant breathe, and i do this really weird thing where i burp a lot, but its multiple small burps. wtf is wrong with me?? Can we talk?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.