Turn on thread page Beta

Does everyone get asked out at some point watch

So many people my age (14) are getting boyfriends, I see girls posing with them all the time. A question people are always asking each other is 'what's the most you've done with a boy?'. They also show each other their hickeys etc and move from boy to boy quite a lot.
    And there's me, I've never had a boyfriend or even been asking out. Not sure why, maybe my looks..? Will I really be lonely forever because it seems so obscure that anyone will ask me out

ReputationRep:
    I am fifteen and never been asked out. Remember that the vast majority of those relationships are superficial and are most likely never going to amount to anything more than a few awkward kisses.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don’t worry about it! It may feel like it but being in a relationship isn’t as necessary as we may think. I’m 16 and I’ve never been asked out either

ReputationRep:
    Lol you're too young anyways. I don't see the point of boyfriends when you're a young teen - it most likely won't last anyways. I think people just do it for show. If I were you, I would worry about it. Just wait till you're older and someone will definitely ask you out.

ReputationRep:
    The pressure of society, everyone around you is getting into one and you feel as if no-one likes you like that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So many people my age (14) are getting boyfriends, I see girls posing with them all the time. A question people are always asking each other is 'what's the most you've done with a boy?'. They also show each other their hickeys etc and move from boy to boy quite a lot.
    And there's me, I've never had a boyfriend or even been asking out. Not sure why, maybe my looks..? Will I really be lonely forever because it seems so obscure that anyone will ask me out
    No.
    You're 14, that's so very young to be concerning yourself with this sort of stuff.
    Not a priority. Not a problem.
    Concentrate on school and work and building up your self-esteem by trying your best not to compare yourself to these people. Everyone is different. You don't need a boyfriend at 14.
    You will not be lonely forever, where on Earth did that come from?
    You have a lot of time ahead of you to worry about that bleurky stuff, for now please focus on your own happiness. Always around to talk if you want to do so. :hugs: You're not alone.

It's also worth saying that if you really do find yourself crushing on a boy, waiting for him to ask you out is not the only option. If you know him well and are feeling confident you can always ask him.

Have only been asked out once.
    Asked out one guy myself once. He's my first bf and I'm 19. No problemos.

I was 14 the first time a girl asked me out but like its a bit of a joke at that age, it shouldn't even matter. The first time a girl asked me out and it was serious was when I was 18... I told her my feelings first and after being blanked for 3 days she asked me out a few days later so it went both ways, personally I wish I never got involved, you get addicted to the feelings and they run out then you look for someone else, get rejected or lose feelings after awhile and you end up wasting so much time and money when you could and should just be focusing on education and yourself. At this age (I'm 5 years older as well!) it's still hard to know what you want and what you're looking for

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and I'll turn 21 soon. I've not been with any one since the day I was born lol except for my mom, dad and siblings. and no one has ever proposed me or anything like that shizzle. But for some reason, I want to be single my whole life because I've seen just too many double-faced people in my life. You won't believe me how much I enjoy my single-ness, the freedom of doing everything your way, without worrying it might upset someone. lol. (I don't mean you should go and do sth wrong lol)
    Each one us will find our significant other sooner or later, if it's meant to happen but if it isn't then that means you'll stay single your whole life. That means you'll be happy your whole life lol. (Just kidding) You can be happy, IF YOU WANT TO. Just because your friends are posing with their significant other, doesn't mean that they are also happy with each other you know. But that also doesn't mean that you'll end up being lonely your whole life .However, that also doesn't mean you won't end up lonely.

But that also doesn't mean that you won't be the happiest person in the world if you end up being lonely.

P.s You're too young to worry about whether you're good looking or not, just like I am lol. You're 14 now you'll be 20 in 6 years and believe me when I say this, you'd wish you could go back in time: worked hard, enjoyed and valued your time, took care of your health instead of worrying about petty things like "Am I good looking?". Don't get deceived by looks EVER. IF someone will love you for your looks, then they'll also leave you once it's(looks) gone.

It’s totally normal, to put it in perspective think about how much this will actually matter in 5 years time; will it matter? Probably not. And i promise you as someone who’s in the same boat it is absolutely NOTHING to do with your looks 🙂

ReputationRep:
    I felt like this when I was 14 and I was convinced that I'd never get a boyfriend. I'm 22 now and I've had three boyfriends and two casual relationships, and not a single person I know is with the person they were dating at 14. In fact only one relationship even survived leaving school. I got my first boyfriend at 16 and I was the first out of all my friends to get one.

I'm still not convinced I'm especially good looking but I've been told I'm hot and I get plenty of attention from guys. I broke up with my boyfriend in December (we'd been together two years) and three guys from my past suddenly resurfaced and started hitting on me 😏 One of them pops up every couple of weeks begging me to sleep with him (so annoying, urgh!). Point is that I never got any attention from guys at 14 but now I get plenty. And none of the relationships people had at 14 were serious or lasted in the long run. Trust me relationships are a nightmare, just focus on school and having fun with your mates. You've got plenty of time to worry about boys.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You're only 14, there's nothing to worry about at your age.

ReputationRep:
    I think virtually every girl will be hit on at some point

It may not be the guy you like, but it will happen..........

14 is still quite young though so don't be worried.

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    No.
    You're 14, that's so very young to be concerning yourself with this sort of stuff.
    Concentrate on school and work and building up your self-esteem by trying your best not to compare yourself to these people. Everyone is different. You don't need a boyfriend at 14.
    You have a lot of time ahead of you to worry about that bleurky stuff, for now please focus on your own happiness. Always around to talk if you want to do so. :hugs: You're not alone.

It's also worth saying that if you really do find yourself crushing on a boy, waiting for him to ask you out is not the only option. If you know him well and are feeling confident you can always ask him.

Thanks so much, what you said really helps to know!

Thank you so much to anyone who has taken the time to reply, I really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    There are few things more superficial than year 9 relationships.

I wouldn't worry about it, I imagine a lot of them will be done in a few months.

Omg your just 14, no one I knew had a boyfriend at the age. Plus most importantly, you don't want a boyfriend at that age because its not gonna be serious or mean anything. It so much better to wait until you actually find someone you love and that loves you back, not a random boy at 14 that you'll never remember the name of when your older. You want your first kiss ect to be with someone you actually like and will remember. Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Relationships in secondary school never work out. They just don't. Usually they just have a couple of hugs and awkward kisses. Then they break up for some stupid reason. tbh most relationships start from mid 20s because of experience and maturity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynam1cdave)
    Relationships in secondary school never work out. They just don't. Usually they just have a couple of hugs and awkward kisses. Then they break up for some stupid reason. tbh most relationships start from mid 20s because of experience and maturity.
    Tbf that's not true, some relationships from secondary school do last. Although I agree it's pretty rare.

ReputationRep:
    I’m 18 and still haven’t had anything serious. Remember it’s not a rush and it’s fun to be single tbh. I am hoping for a connection some time though. I think that there’s usually someone for everyone, you just have to keep doing stuff and keep an eye open. As I said though, no rush, and you’re my brothers age. He has a gf but that’s started recently and he’s almost 15. Don’t feel pressured to get into anything though, have fun as a single pringle ;D

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    No.

Thanks so much, how exactly do I build my self esteem? I am not very confident

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.