Turn on thread page Beta

I want to feel a connection with someone. watch

3 years, 6 months and 22 days ago I broke up with my first and only girlfriend. I loved her because she was the only person I felt comfortable around, however I knew it was not meant to be. I don't mean that I felt she wasn't for me, we were just too different people. She was innocent, full of joy, made friends with anyone she met and wanted a conventional life of children and a nice house. I didn't deserve her... I'm a man of science and pursing a life of bettering my knowledge of the world around me. I decided to end things before she went off to university so that she could really throw herself into a new life.

I can't go into full detail because it would take too long. The point of this post is that since that day I have not even touched nor spoken to a girl (as cringy as it sounds). I don't care about sex, I don't care about being in a relationship, I just want someone to love.

A lot has changed since we parted...my life has gone down a path I never thought it would, but its okay, Soon I will be on the road of adventure. I just don't know how to go about finding her. i understand that there is no such thing as soulmates, I understand chances are I will never meet her (There are a lot of people).

Where do I start?

I posted this on the student room as I have seen thousands of responses to garbage posts like "boobs or butt" so I'm hoping someone out there has some advice for me. I'm not asking for a definitive answer, I guess I'm just looking for some "puzzle pieces". I decided to keep this anonymous for obvious reasons but to give you a picture: I'm a 20 year old male who works in a bar (Old man pub) while I study at home (I work in bars to learn about people...I have 0 social skills however have learned talking to drunk punters is actually quite easy).
    So yeah.... hi

ReputationRep:
    Get a Van de Graaff generator.

(Original post by Pigster)
    Get a Van de Graaff generator.
    I don't understand how that would help although I would love one.... I can't believe this is my only response. There are new posts only minutes old that are getting hundreds of views.... First time opening up about myself and its gotten me no where XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't understand how that would help
    If you made a connection to someone who was earthed, you'd feel it.

"I don't care about sex, I don't care about being in a relationship, I just want someone to love."

Have you considered getting a dog?

Why not try an online dating site. They are not just filled with people trying to get laid. There are people who just want friendships (and maybe more etc.).

If you made a connection to someone who was earthed, you'd feel it.

"I don't care about sex, I don't care about being in a relationship, I just want someone to love."

Have you considered getting a dog?

Why not try an online dating site. They are not just filled with people trying to get laid. There are people who just want friendships (and maybe more etc.).
    I have a dog actually and she's the only thing I ever talk to. The problem with dating sites is that the majority of my gender seem to be only interested in sex and earned the name "**** boys" (Ik i shouldn't stereotype but almost all men I have met are pigs). This makes it impossible to actually talk to women as they all seem to distance themselves thinking i'm trying to get in their pants.

ReputationRep:
    I have a dog actually and she's the only thing I ever talk to. The problem with dating sites is that the majority of my gender seem to be only interested in sex and earned the name "**** boys" (Ik i shouldn't stereotype but almost all men I have met are pigs). This makes it impossible to actually talk to women as they all seem to distance themselves thinking i'm trying to get in their pants.
    That's your problem(s) then. Defeatism and blaming others.

If you go on a dating website and try something might happen. If you just think it won't happen, it won't and if you try to blame other people for girls not wanting to talk to you, then... there are countless reasons why a girl might not want to talk to you, the reputation of others is possibly one, but very unlikely. If the girls didn't want to talk to your gender, then why would they be there.

I met my wife through a dating site, the one I used had the option to advertise yourself as only wanting to talk. See how that goes, if that is all what you want.

That's your problem(s) then. Defeatism and blaming others.

If you go on a dating website and try something might happen. If you just think it won't happen, it won't and if you try to blame other people for girls not wanting to talk to you, then... there are countless reasons why a girl might not want to talk to you, the reputation of others is possibly one, but very unlikely. If the girls didn't want to talk to your gender, then why would they be there.

I met my wife through a dating site, the one I used had the option to advertise yourself as only wanting to talk. See how that goes, if that is all what you want.
    Yeah I think I didn't explain that properly and you've automatically assumed the worst.... I am not blaming others as I understand it is my actions that determine the results however when I try to talk on these sites I find women tend to build this wall around them (maybe I'm reading too far in). I'm not saying that girls don't want to talk to me... I don't think so, its just they never want to be real with me (Meaning talk openly). Out of interest what is the site you used that allowed for the option of only talking? That sounds perfect as long as I don't have to provide too much details.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I didn't explain that properly and you've automatically assumed the worst.... I am not blaming others as I understand it is my actions that determine the results however when I try to talk on these sites I find women tend to build this wall around them (maybe I'm reading too far in). I'm not saying that girls don't want to talk to me... I don't think so, its just they never want to be real with me (Meaning talk openly). Out of interest what is the site you used that allowed for the option of only talking? That sounds perfect as long as I don't have to provide too much details.
    If they build walls, you just have to take your time to prove your intentions.

pof, but it was years ago. I can't say what they require/offer these days.

If they build walls, you just have to take your time to prove your intentions.

pof, but it was years ago. I can't say what they require/offer these days.
    I guess, Thank you for taking the time to respond though... you were the only one XD

ReputationRep:
    3 years, 6 months and 22 days ago I broke up with my first and only girlfriend. I loved her because she was the only person I felt comfortable around, however I knew it was not meant to be. I don't mean that I felt she wasn't for me, we were just too different people. She was innocent, full of joy, made friends with anyone she met and wanted a conventional life of children and a nice house. I didn't deserve her... I'm a man of science and pursing a life of bettering my knowledge of the world around me. I decided to end things before she went off to university so that she could really throw herself into a new life.

I can't go into full detail because it would take too long. The point of this post is that since that day I have not even touched nor spoken to a girl (as cringy as it sounds). I don't care about sex, I don't care about being in a relationship, I just want someone to love.

A lot has changed since we parted...my life has gone down a path I never thought it would, but its okay, Soon I will be on the road of adventure. I just don't know how to go about finding her. i understand that there is no such thing as soulmates, I understand chances are I will never meet her (There are a lot of people).

Where do I start?

I posted this on the student room as I have seen thousands of responses to garbage posts like "boobs or butt" so I'm hoping someone out there has some advice for me. I'm not asking for a definitive answer, I guess I'm just looking for some "puzzle pieces". I decided to keep this anonymous for obvious reasons but to give you a picture: I'm a 20 year old male who works in a bar (Old man pub) while I study at home (I work in bars to learn about people...I have 0 social skills however have learned talking to drunk punters is actually quite easy).
    So yeah.... hi
    Why do I feel like you’re my male twin I’m literally the same except I’m female xD when I saw the line, “I want a connection” it got me right in the feels. I had to stop and say something
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just call me Mr Matchmaker.

I knew that if I just kept you talking, I'd set you up before too long.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Pigster I’m sure you’re a great matchmaker but I got his back, no need :P
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.