Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 18, as you can read from the title I have no GCSE Passes at C or above, I have mostly Us, then I have 1 D, E and F, maths and English language I have a U in, science an E, the rest aren't really relevant, none of them are as I failed anyway, I do have functional skills entry level 3 English and maths and an entry level 3 animal care qualification/certificate and now doing level 1 in English and maths. I have volunteered in a few different animal places, I worked in a restaurant for 2 months as a Christmas job and I now do dog sitting.

I want to work with rescue animals, at some point I want to work with bigger animals, so go from dogs and cats to maybe horses and other things like that, maybe work in a sanctuary or even work with fish in an aquarium instead of rescue animals but haven't looked into it too much with the aquarium.

I just feel like a complete failure for failing GCSEs, I know without them my options are limited, I look at my sibling and they passed GCSEs, A levels, they have a masters degree, they also now work a good paid job doing what they want to do, they've had it easy, no mental health problems, they're an overachiever, successful, likely to always be on good money and in employment as they have a great education.

Unlike me, I don't even have the basic level of education and everyone knows you're always going to be in crappy paid jobs without GCSEs, that's if you even get a job, I'm anaemic, I have depression and anxiety, I'm not good with maths or English, I'm surprised I even got an E in science, it's not a pass but it made me really happy that I even got a grade, I missed a lot of school due to very bad mental health and I have a very bad habit of comparing myself to others, I also hate the fact that I feel like I'm never going to work with animals, the only job I've ever wanted, I'm not good at anything, I've never achieved anything. I can't drive, I can't afford a car anyway which really upsets me as I want to travel the UK and public transport is too expensive and unreliable.

Anyway what do I do? I really want to be successful, I've been through hell with my mental health but haven't given up, I don't want too, it's just exhausting feeling like I don't have a future and I have no energy anymore, I just want a full time job/career with animals.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.