Turn on thread page Beta

Bestfriend breakup (long explanation, sorry) watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so, me and my bestfriend Jake only started being close friends at the start of the summer, we began FaceTiming every night, having all nighters, heart to hearts, basically everything friends do which lead to them becoming closer. In September he asked me if I wanted to go to a concert with him and a couple of friends (one was one of his closest friends and the other was his close friend’s girlfriend) so I said yes! Of course! So weeks pass by, we are still FaceTiming everyday then a week before we went to the concert he said to me “we are so close, we might aswell be boyfriend and girlfriend” whilst laughing. Not understanding what he meant by that I agreed and laughed along. Then when it came to the day of the concert, we went and had an amazing time. Then when it ended, we went to a hotel (we were two hours away from home and had no car (we took the train there) so we stayed in a hotel for the night). We shared a room with the other two people we went with but when we got to the hotel the two people we were with went straight to bed to go to sleep. But me and Jake weren’t tired so we went to McDonald’s for food then went back to the hotel. At first, we were both lying on our own separate beds. Then, Jake came and sat on the end of my (single) bed to talk to me while I was lying down. He then came and lied beside me. We then ended up full of spooning and cuddling talking all night, then eventually, we fell asleep. I woke up to him getting off my bed and turning off the alarm “what are you doing? We need that you dafty” I said jokingly. He said it’s okay, we don’t need it (we needed the alarm as we made the bad decision on taking the early morning train home in order to go to sixth form) then he got back into my bed cuddling me. I then kept trying to get up and get ready but he kept t saying “stay 5 more mins” but eventually, I got up and started getting ready. We then had a slow walk to the train and eventually we got home. At lunch, two girls that are good friends with Jake sat next to me asking if we did anything (you know... sexually) where I said no. They thought I was lying. So they kept asking questions, one of them was “did you sleep in the same bed” where I just said no quietly by looked at them weirdly (I’m a bad liar okay?!!). They then went OMG you did!!! I said “I didn’t say that, you didn’t hear that from me” then they said that because I wasn’t giving answers that they were going to ask him. So off they went and I texted Jake saying about the millions of questions they were asking. I got no reply. Then about an hour later I got a text off Jake saying ‘“Jake slid in my bed, but you didn’t hear that from me.” Cheers.’ Shocked, I then replied saying I NEVER SAID THAT?!! No reply. Then, I saw him sitting on his phone looking in a mood. I went and sat with him and told him I never said that and told him what actually happened. Then he said “I don’t believe you, leave me alone”. My heart sank. He never spoke to me after that. I kept messaging proving I did nothing wrong, but eventually I gave up. I then got a message off my friend Lucy saying how she’s with Jake and that he wants me to message him to sort things out. So I did. He told me how he didn’t care what I did/didn’t say. It’s whether or not his ex girlfriend found out what I apparently had said(they had a very strange relationship, they had a love hate relationship, it’s over now though).I’m good friends with her and she had no clue. Anyway, I apologised again (I apologised even though I did nothing wrong, that’s how much I care) and he said it was fine. So I thought oh great! It’s all good. He still never spoke to me after that. Even now, sometimes he acts really friendly with me but most of the times he just doesn’t talk to me/ refuses to. I always catch him looking at me. But he never talks. Why? I didn’t even do anything? This fall out was about two months ago and he still doesn’t talk to me?!! It plays in my mind all the time. I’ve tried to cut him out my life, but I can’t! What do I do? Please help🤯🤯(sorry this was so long)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Amb.2081)
    Okay so, me and my bestfriend Jake only started being close friends at the start of the summer, we began FaceTiming every night, having all nighters, heart to hearts, basically everything friends do which lead to them becoming closer. In September he asked me if I wanted to go to a concert with him and a couple of friends (one was one of his closest friends and the other was his close friend’s girlfriend) so I said yes! Of course! So weeks pass by, we are still FaceTiming everyday then a week before we went to the concert he said to me “we are so close, we might aswell be boyfriend and girlfriend” whilst laughing. Not understanding what he meant by that I agreed and laughed along. Then when it came to the day of the concert, we went and had an amazing time. Then when it ended, we went to a hotel (we were two hours away from home and had no car (we took the train there) so we stayed in a hotel for the night). We shared a room with the other two people we went with but when we got to the hotel the two people we were with went straight to bed to go to sleep. But me and Jake weren’t tired so we went to McDonald’s for food then went back to the hotel. At first, we were both lying on our own separate beds. Then, Jake came and sat on the end of my (single) bed to talk to me while I was lying down. He then came and lied beside me. We then ended up full of spooning and cuddling talking all night, then eventually, we fell asleep. I woke up to him getting off my bed and turning off the alarm “what are you doing? We need that you dafty” I said jokingly. He said it’s okay, we don’t need it (we needed the alarm as we made the bad decision on taking the early morning train home in order to go to sixth form) then he got back into my bed cuddling me. I then kept trying to get up and get ready but he kept t saying “stay 5 more mins” but eventually, I got up and started getting ready. We then had a slow walk to the train and eventually we got home. At lunch, two girls that are good friends with Jake sat next to me asking if we did anything (you know... sexually) where I said no. They thought I was lying. So they kept asking questions, one of them was “did you sleep in the same bed” where I just said no quietly by looked at them weirdly (I’m a bad liar okay?!!). They then went OMG you did!!! I said “I didn’t say that, you didn’t hear that from me” then they said that because I wasn’t giving answers that they were going to ask him. So off they went and I texted Jake saying about the millions of questions they were asking. I got no reply. Then about an hour later I got a text off Jake saying ‘“Jake slid in my bed, but you didn’t hear that from me.” Cheers.’ Shocked, I then replied saying I NEVER SAID THAT?!! No reply. Then, I saw him sitting on his phone looking in a mood. I went and sat with him and told him I never said that and told him what actually happened. Then he said “I don’t believe you, leave me alone”. My heart sank. He never spoke to me after that. I kept messaging proving I did nothing wrong, but eventually I gave up. I then got a message off my friend Lucy saying how she’s with Jake and that he wants me to message him to sort things out. So I did. He told me how he didn’t care what I did/didn’t say. It’s whether or not his ex girlfriend found out what I apparently had said(they had a very strange relationship, they had a love hate relationship, it’s over now though).I’m good friends with her and she had no clue. Anyway, I apologised again (I apologised even though I did nothing wrong, that’s how much I care) and he said it was fine. So I thought oh great! It’s all good. He still never spoke to me after that. Even now, sometimes he acts really friendly with me but most of the times he just doesn’t talk to me/ refuses to. I always catch him looking at me. But he never talks. Why? I didn’t even do anything? This fall out was about two months ago and he still doesn’t talk to me?!! It plays in my mind all the time. I’ve tried to cut him out my life, but I can’t! What do I do? Please help🤯🤯(sorry this was so long)
    Paragraphs would help.

Anyway, it sounds like your friends were being immature and "Jake" took things the wrong way. You've done all you can to make things right and he's refusing to believe you even after you've profusely stated your case.

Does he just ignore you, even after you've tried talking to him? Or are you just saying he's not talking, while you're not making an attempt to talk to him? If it's the former, then you should continue your life without him. If he wants to talk to you, he will talk to you. He might just need some space to forget about the awkward exchange with him and your friends.

ReputationRep:
    When I speak, he speaks back, but it’s just one word/ a short reply. Not really seeming like he wants to hold a convosation, ever. He never used to be like that.

Thing is though, this whole thing happened over two months ago so I thought it’d be well sorted by now.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.