Turn on thread page Beta

Art foundation at Kingston or Loughborough watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional from Kingston and conditional from Loughborough and am really unsure where to go for the Art Foundation as I liked them both.
    I live in London and found that accommodation might be a problem in Kingston as it seems far and very expensive.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Hari13)
    I have an unconditional from Kingston and conditional from Loughborough and am really unsure where to go for the Art Foundation as I liked them both.
    I live in London and found that accommodation might be a problem in Kingston as it seems far and very expensive.
    Can you afford accommodation and living costs for either if you live in London?

It sounds like you want to go to loughborough.

You don’t have to decide now. Accept both offers, apply for accommodation at both (just don’t sign a contract without a get out clause if you decide not to study there). See how you feel over the next few months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Can you afford accommodation and living costs for either if you live in London?

It sounds like you want to go to loughborough.

You don’t have to decide now. Accept both offers, apply for accommodation at both (just don’t sign a contract without a get out clause if you decide not to study there). See how you feel over the next few months.
    Thanks for that. Some people have told me that Kingston is more difficult to get into and has a good reputation for Art and hence I was pleasantly surprised!
    Wasn't sure if I could accept both although L'Borough has a 14 day cancellation period after acceptance.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks for that. Some people have told me that Kingston is more difficult to get into and has a good reputation for Art and hence I was pleasantly surprised!
    Wasn't sure if I could accept both although L'Borough has a 14 day cancellation period after acceptance.
    Accepting an offer doesn’t commit you to doing that course. You can pull out at any time without any financial penalty as long as you haven’t enrolled (that’s agreeing to pay fees - or for the government to pay them if you’re under 19) or agreed to a contract with no get out clause for accommodation.

It’s obviously good manners to let the other university know that you won’t be going once you do decide but don’t feel pressured into making a decision before you’re happy.

Because it’s not through ucas you can accept as many offers as you like - they have no way of knowing if you’ve applied elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Accepting an offer doesn’t commit you to doing that course. You can pull out at any time without any financial penalty as long as you haven’t enrolled (that’s agreeing to pay fees - or for the government to pay them if you’re under 19) or agreed to a contract with no get out clause for accommodation.

It’s obviously good manners to let the other university know that you won’t be going once you do decide but don’t feel pressured into making a decision before you’re happy.

Because it’s not through ucas you can accept as many offers as you like - they have no way of knowing if you’ve applied elsewhere.
    Thank you so much for your help.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Hari13
    Congrats on your offers!
    It's tough when you like 2 places. You have quite a while to decide still so you can really do your research in to living costs, student experience, facilities etc etc before you decide which is best for you.
    Good luck with your decision
    Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Although Kingston brands itself as Kingston University London (KUL), it's really in the leafy suburbs and not as expensive as central London. That being said it's only a 17min train ride to London Waterloo which comes in handy! Student rooms in the area usually go for £350 to £500 and student nights are pretty cheap with £1.80 pints (a pint in central is usually a fiver) if you know where to look!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.