Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can I show love to my mother? watch

Announcements

I feel guilty for everything i have done to make my mother upset. Her and I used to be really close when I was little. As i have gotten older, I changed. She says that I do not show her any love. As a teenagers, i find It difficult to. Even when I tell her I love her, I feel she does everything for me and I hardly lift a finger. This is unfair of me! I want to bring us closer again. I want to show her that I care and that I do love her. Any suggestions would be wonderful I have to fix this, and fast but with time too!

hey,
    I often feel like this too.
    I would recommend helping her around the house rather than making her do everything.
    you should also do simple things like making her some breakfast. she would appreciate that.
    What i find that my mum enjoys is facials and body massages. I often give her a shoulder massage and on some days, a facial.

Parents dont like it when their child talks in a disrespectful manner to them, so you should try and use a polite and loving tone.
    Do things together. Watch movies and try and spend more time together. your mum wont be with you for your whole life so try and make the most of it.

i hope this helps! (:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.