Turn on thread page Beta

Never thought I'd actually have to ask this question... but here it goes:

The group of friends in question are ones that I have known for around about 5 years. I've never been in any massive arguments with them and I talk to them every day. They invite me to their parties and I invite them to my parties. However, recently there has been a couple of occasions when they have gone to parties that I wasn't initially invited to, but they never seem to ask if I can get invited, which I always have done if I was in their situation. So, it ends up in me seeing them on a night out without me, never having even mentioned it to me. Idk, it feels a bit snakey to me that they are never bothered about getting me invited to places.
    Also, whenever meetups are organised, I am the one who has to do the organising i.e. I have to initiate the talks to plan a day out. I don't know whether this is because they aren't bothered about seeing me, or whether it is because they expect me to make arrangements.
    Feeling slightly betrayed, and although I am happy 99% of the time, I am feeling quite depressed right now.
    Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    that is pretty snakey
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Never thought I'd actually have to ask this question... but here it goes:

The group of friends in question are ones that I have known for around about 5 years. I've never been in any massive arguments with them and I talk to them every day. They invite me to their parties and I invite them to my parties. However, recently there has been a couple of occasions when they have gone to parties that I wasn't initially invited to, but they never seem to ask if I can get invited, which I always have done if I was in their situation. So, it ends up in me seeing them on a night out without me, never having even mentioned it to me. Idk, it feels a bit snakey to me that they are never bothered about getting me invited to places.
    Also, whenever meetups are organised, I am the one who has to do the organising i.e. I have to initiate the talks to plan a day out. I don't know whether this is because they aren't bothered about seeing me, or whether it is because they expect me to make arrangements.
    Feeling slightly betrayed, and although I am happy 99% of the time, I am feeling quite depressed right now.
    Thoughts?
    I don’t think they really value your friendship as much as you value theirs. Perhaps go quiet for a bit and see if they initiate anything? If not then it might be time to find some friends who appreciate you better.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I think I might talk about it to them it tomorrow

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I think I might talk about it to them it tomorrow
    How did it go?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.