Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm in a tricky situation - I was expelled from my college this past October (for disciplinary reasons - I couldn't cope with school regime), and have not been going to a new school since.
    I'm in my final year at school (year 13) and have already achieved an A in A level Music. My other two A levels were French and Geography, but I've dropped geography now. My school have allowed me to take French internally there, due to my inability to find a new school where I live (a remote location).

I have a conditional place to study Piano at guildhall school of music in London, providing I have 2 A level passes. I already have one in Music, so all I need is an E in french.

So here's the tricky part - I've pretty much done no work at all for these past 2 years. Seeing as there is no AS, all the material of 2 years has to be covered in my final exams in 2-3 months. My speaking is 9th of May, and my final exams are 18th and 20th of June.

How hard would it be for me to learn basically all of the material required for these final exams, including work for the independent research project and movies, books, etc? I only need an E..

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie to you- VERY HARD. The only way you're going to be able to pass is if you start revising now and revising heavily. At GCSE I was getting A*s but with the new a-level the best I've done is 48/90 which is a U. Don't even get me started on the speaking exams. The new a-level is absolutely atrocious and I'm praying that the grade boundaries are low. There are currently two specimen papers out as there are no past papers because it's a new a-level. Good luck (or should I say bonne chance!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.