The Student Room Group

What is the average percentage grade for EEE student in 1 2 & 3 year ?

Reply 1
Original post by Chickwn

Why? It's a slightly meaningless question.

But given most students get a 2:1+ and boundary is usually 60% the average is probably low-mid 60s...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Why? It's a slightly meaningless question.

But given most students get a 2:1+ and boundary is usually 60% the average is probably low-mid 60s...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, a better question would be how many people get first honour and is it competitive?

(P.S any tips of how to make friends with older students that study the same subject (EEE) and where can I find 'em?)

Cheers
Reply 3
Original post by Chickwn
Ok, a better question would be how many people get first honour and is it competitive?

(P.S any tips of how to make friends with older students that study the same subject (EEE) and where can I find 'em?)

Cheers

Still not a good question because it varies significantly by university. Some might have a policy for 25% of the cohort (or whatever) to be awarded a First, and others are much less standardised. But generally it's between 20%-40%.

(PS. What age are you, and which university are you going to?)
Reply 4
Still not a good question because it varies significantly by university. Some might have a policy for 25% of the cohort (or whatever) to be awarded a First, and others are much less standardised. But generally it's between 20%-40%.

(PS. What age are you, and which university are you going to?)

18 years old about to go to university of Surrey as of next year at September.
Reply 5
Original post by Chickwn
18 years old about to go to university of Surrey as of next year at September.

Ok, so you can see the % of Firsts at Surrey:
43% for EEE
https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/study/10007160FT-UFA15F0023U/ReturnTo/

And can you clarify what you mean by "where can I find (older students)"? Do you mean students in later years than you?

You will primarily be with your year group going to lectures, seminars, labs. And this group is very likely to have a range of ages, from 17 to 21+, although most will be 18 or 19 (quite a few will be starting after a gap year hence a year older). You should have no problem making friends within your year group.
Reply 6
Ok, so you can see the % of Firsts at Surrey:
43% for EEE
https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/study/10007160FT-UFA15F0023U/ReturnTo/

And can you clarify what you mean by "where can I find (older students)"? Do you mean students in later years than you?

You will primarily be with your year group going to lectures, seminars, labs. And this group is very likely to have a range of ages, from 17 to 21+, although most will be 18 or 19 (quite a few will be starting after a gap year hence a year older). You should have no problem making friends within your year group.

Yeah like older year groups
Reply 7
Original post by Chickwn
Yeah like older year groups

Why?

Anyway, there's things like Formula Student which have students from different year groups getting involved.

And I'm tagging @University of Surrey to see if there's an Engineering Society.
Reply 8
Why?

Anyway, there's things like Formula Student which have students from different year groups getting involved.

Well, the benefits of being friends of older year groups that they can help mentor me, telling what's ahead and advices they can give me that might be useful.
Reply 9
Why?

Btw, do you have any advices on where I can find a mentor ?
Reply 10
Original post by Chickwn
Well, the benefits of being friends of older year groups that they can help mentor me, telling what's ahead and advices they can give me that might be useful.

You'll be an adult, and expected to largely make your own way through university. You'll have a Tutor for pastoral questions if necessary.

Formula Student, etc may be a good way to broaden your friendship group though.
Thanks for tagging us in @Doonesbury :smile:

We do have several Engineering societies covering the different fields of Engineering. I think the EARS society would be best for students doing EEE - you can have a look at their webpage here.

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 12
Original post by University of Surrey
Thanks for tagging us in @Doonesbury :smile:

We do have several Engineering societies covering the different fields of Engineering. I think the EARS society would be best for students doing EEE - you can have a look at their webpage here.

All the best,
Ashley

:smile: Good stuff! And the OPs concern about mentoring...?
:smile: Good stuff! And the OPs concern about mentoring...?

With regards to mentoring, I'm afraid I don't know the specifics for this course. I would suggest the OP get in contact with the administrator who deals with departmental enquiries for EEE, Ms Kelly Green. Her email address is [email protected]. :smile:

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest