Uni of Sheffield or Uni of Nottingham? Watch

stanleyoldfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I have two offers of AAA to do architechure at both these unis, however for Nottingham it can also be A*AB, which is better suited to my current grades. The thing is, when I first visited sheffield i thought that's it, that's the one for me, but Nottingham was equally inspiring. What really attracts me is that it has a months trip to Africa where you design and build a school for locals for free!
However, the accomodation at nottingham is not ideal as it is 90% catered and the self catered is a distance away and in my opinion not as nice. So that's pulling me towards Sheffield which has ideal accomodation.
I am really torn between the two!! I should have thought before applying to both of them. My two options are putting Sheffield first with my reserve being an architecture engineering course at Nottingham (which is great but doesn't have the africa trip). Or putting Notts first and scrapping the sheffield offer, and having the engineering as my reserve.
So i thought I'd ask you guys your opinions and experiences of the two unis and cities. Some insider information on where I'm living next year might just help me choose!!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stanleyoldfield)
So I have two offers of AAA to do architechure at both these unis, however for Nottingham it can also be A*AB, which is better suited to my current grades. The thing is, when I first visited sheffield i thought that's it, that's the one for me, but Nottingham was equally inspiring. What really attracts me is that it has a months trip to Africa where you design and build a school for locals for free!
However, the accomodation at nottingham is not ideal as it is 90% catered and the self catered is a distance away and in my opinion not as nice. So that's pulling me towards Sheffield which has ideal accomodation.
I am really torn between the two!! I should have thought before applying to both of them. My two options are putting Sheffield first with my reserve being an architecture engineering course at Nottingham (which is great but doesn't have the africa trip). Or putting Notts first and scrapping the sheffield offer, and having the engineering as my reserve.
So i thought I'd ask you guys your opinions and experiences of the two unis and cities. Some insider information on where I'm living next year might just help me choose!!
Do you want to do architecture or engineering? I wouldn't worry as much about accommodation as you will move out after your first year but will carry on with the same degree program. If the Africa trip attracts you then go with Nots.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stanleyoldfield)
As above. Plus don't put down an insurance choice that you don't really want - you would end up with a 'debt' of around £50k for a degree you didn't want to study.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads