Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help with my art gcse because my teacher has been off for a while and will be due to losing someone close. I've also missed a few lessons so I'm further behind then I all ready was and need help to get back up to speed, to get a decent gcse grade. I'm at the point where I know I may need to teach my self art because the cover teachers know f*** all. I also don't want to be doing are at dinner or brake times since I all ready do maths, science and music at there's times. How can I get an decent grade for my art gcse? Do you need to revise for art and if so how did you do it? Although I'm only in year 10 I feel like I'm behind everyone else. I get told that my drawing are great and that I can draw also I don't mind drawing. My teacher gets us to do mostly paintings which mine mine end up looking not that great and I don't know what I can do about it. I'm also not that keen on painting. If anyone has done art or is doing art can you please help me? What additional things did you buy to do art with?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I've had an awful art experience so i'd be happy to help! I've had 7 art teacher in the GCSE course - only one actually helped me! You don't need to worry about revising art but you will need to do quite a bit of work out of class. If your only in year 10 i recommend working on producing quality drawings in a short space of time - you simply won't have hours to complete your coursework. For your project you'll need some different medias but i'm sure the school will provide you with the basics (paint, watercolour etc) for lessons. Each project needs at least 3 artist studies and responses, pencil drawings, media exploration and a final piece. I there not another art class at your school, perhaps their teacher could give you some guidance?

ReputationRep:
    There is a couple other art teachers but most of the teachers at my school are idiots. The other art teachers don't teachers gcse art one teaches construction and I think the other teachers teach btech or lower year students.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.