Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

when are you planning or when did you start buying uni things?

When my mum was getting rid of some mugs recently I asked her to save me a few so I could take them, and for my birthday last month I got a mattress topper which I am using at home but I also had uni in mind when I asked for it.

I probably won't start actually buying things until August though.

(Original post by lovechocolate101)
    when are you planning or when did you start buying uni things?
    I only bought very few essential a week or 2 before uni that I can survive on for the first month (since I had to make my own way to uni) such as duvet and blankets, pillows, a few plates and bowls, 2 pots and cutlery sets (the basic essentials), and the others I bought after a few weeks of starting uni. One thing I've realised many people do is that they buy things that they may never use or is already provided or your flatmate has one which you can borrow.

If you have listed down all the essentials, then I'd recommend buying most of it anytime during the summer and in stores that have sales (or just online on amazon tbh).
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.