Is it too late to achieve high grades if it start my revision now Watch

Yang2204
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Will I be able to achieve grades 7/8 if I start my gcse revision now.

I’m struggling with sticking timetables
and my school gives mocks but they fit it in just one week leaving people with 3-5 exams each day so I end getting grades I’m not proud of. And it also mucks up my pattern for my official revision notes that are detailed.

But I need new techniques on revision especially with English and re

bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OMG same here the struggle is real!! I think you can depending on your current grade. For English I’m making quote sheets and rs I’m doing “sample essays” for the 12 mark question. Good luck revising
Yang2204
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluemuffin)
OMG same here the struggle is real!! I think you can depending on your current grade. For English I’m making quote sheets and rs I’m doing “sample essays” for the 12 mark question. Good luck revising
Good luck, English working in class and homework I get grade 6 but in test I drop down to 4 and Re in end of unit test I get 6/7 but mocks I drop to a 3
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yang2204)
Good luck, English working in class and homework I get grade 6 but in test I drop down to 4 and Re in end of unit test I get 6/7 but mocks I drop to a 3
Ah ok, it’s gonna be hard work but maybe work on exam technique? Practise past papers and set yourself questions. You can do this !!
Yang2204
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluemuffin)
Ah ok, it’s gonna be hard work but maybe work on exam technique? Practise past papers and set yourself questions. You can do this !!
Thanks
username3820350
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I honestly hope so if not I’m screwed !
Yang2204
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grace<3<3)
I honestly hope so if not I’m screwed !
Join the mf club sis
Letitiajadax
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its never 2 late!!! I took my Gcse Rms in year 10 and i was achieving D’s and C’s x i revised 2 weeks before and got a A* 93/100 and B 76/100!! Theres time just make sure your awake of what 2 revise each day! For rms/re i made cue cards,mindmaps and past papers For my mindmaps i would name the topic in the centre of the page e.g Abortion and one side do Christianity and on the other Islam. I did this for most things and it really worked. Also if u find that your not achieving the top top marks e.g 6/8 or 5/8 then make sure u include religious quotes.
Unluckysod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly if you have some sort of natural intellect and revise you'll smash your exams. My revision consisted of reading through the revision guides the night and morning before an exam and I came out with 7 in maths, literature and language, A* in all three sciences, and A in everything else (I was ever so lazy, in hindsight I wish that I had done actual revision). Trust me you'll do fine there is honestly no reason whatsoever to worry, if you begin now and relax you'll do very well in your exams.
Yang2204
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unluckysod)
Honestly if you have some sort of natural intellect and revise you'll smash your exams. My revision consisted of reading through the revision guides the night and morning before an exam and I came out with 7 in maths, literature and language, A* in all three sciences, and A in everything else (I was ever so lazy, in hindsight I wish that I had done actual revision). Trust me you'll do fine there is honestly no reason whatsoever to worry, if you begin now and relax you'll do very well in your exams.
Thanks for the motivation
(Original post by Letitiajadax)
its never 2 late!!! I took my Gcse Rms in year 10 and i was achieving D’s and C’s x i revised 2 weeks before and got a A* 93/100 and B 76/100!! Theres time just make sure your awake of what 2 revise each day! For rms/re i made cue cards,mindmaps and past papers For my mindmaps i would name the topic in the centre of the page e.g Abortion and one side do Christianity and on the other Islam. I did this for most things and it really worked. Also if u find that your not achieving the top top marks e.g 6/8 or 5/8 then make sure u include religious quotes.
LarissaAlves
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It`s not too late! You`ll be fine as long as you revise in an effective way.
So like highlighting does not help. Period. Reading notes also doesn`t.

Past exams and questions - lots and lots of questions - are the best methods. There are some good websites that provide questions, like Quizzlet and Seneca Learning. Definitely worth using them.
If you can come up with a timetable where you plan what to study in each day, you`ll be more relaxed. It works much better than to decide what do revise on the day without planning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.8%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (129)
38.17%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.18%

Watched Threads