Turn on thread page Beta

Is it too late to achieve high grades if it start my revision now watch

ReputationRep:
    Will I be able to achieve grades 7/8 if I start my gcse revision now.

I’m struggling with sticking timetables
    and my school gives mocks but they fit it in just one week leaving people with 3-5 exams each day so I end getting grades I’m not proud of. And it also mucks up my pattern for my official revision notes that are detailed.

But I need new techniques on revision especially with English and re
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    OMG same here the struggle is real!! I think you can depending on your current grade. For English I’m making quote sheets and rs I’m doing “sample essays” for the 12 mark question. Good luck revising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemuffin)
    OMG same here the struggle is real!! I think you can depending on your current grade. For English I’m making quote sheets and rs I’m doing “sample essays” for the 12 mark question. Good luck revising
    Good luck, English working in class and homework I get grade 6 but in test I drop down to 4 and Re in end of unit test I get 6/7 but mocks I drop to a 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yang2204)
    Good luck, English working in class and homework I get grade 6 but in test I drop down to 4 and Re in end of unit test I get 6/7 but mocks I drop to a 3
    Ah ok, it’s gonna be hard work but maybe work on exam technique? Practise past papers and set yourself questions. You can do this !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemuffin)
    Ah ok, it’s gonna be hard work but maybe work on exam technique? Practise past papers and set yourself questions. You can do this !!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I honestly hope so if not I’m screwed !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace<3<3)
    I honestly hope so if not I’m screwed !
    Join the mf club sis

ReputationRep:
    its never 2 late!!! I took my Gcse Rms in year 10 and i was achieving D’s and C’s x i revised 2 weeks before and got a A* 93/100 and B 76/100!! Theres time just make sure your awake of what 2 revise each day! For rms/re i made cue cards,mindmaps and past papers For my mindmaps i would name the topic in the centre of the page e.g Abortion and one side do Christianity and on the other Islam. I did this for most things and it really worked. Also if u find that your not achieving the top top marks e.g 6/8 or 5/8 then make sure u include religious quotes.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly if you have some sort of natural intellect and revise you'll smash your exams. My revision consisted of reading through the revision guides the night and morning before an exam and I came out with 7 in maths, literature and language, A* in all three sciences, and A in everything else (I was ever so lazy, in hindsight I wish that I had done actual revision). Trust me you'll do fine there is honestly no reason whatsoever to worry, if you begin now and relax you'll do very well in your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unluckysod)
    Honestly if you have some sort of natural intellect and revise you'll smash your exams. My revision consisted of reading through the revision guides the night and morning before an exam and I came out with 7 in maths, literature and language, A* in all three sciences, and A in everything else (I was ever so lazy, in hindsight I wish that I had done actual revision). Trust me you'll do fine there is honestly no reason whatsoever to worry, if you begin now and relax you'll do very well in your exams.
    Thanks for the motivation
    (Original post by Letitiajadax)
    its never 2 late!!! I took my Gcse Rms in year 10 and i was achieving D’s and C’s x i revised 2 weeks before and got a A* 93/100 and B 76/100!! Theres time just make sure your awake of what 2 revise each day! For rms/re i made cue cards,mindmaps and past papers For my mindmaps i would name the topic in the centre of the page e.g Abortion and one side do Christianity and on the other Islam. I did this for most things and it really worked. Also if u find that your not achieving the top top marks e.g 6/8 or 5/8 then make sure u include religious quotes.

ReputationRep:
    It`s not too late! You`ll be fine as long as you revise in an effective way.
    So like highlighting does not help. Period. Reading notes also doesn`t.

Past exams and questions - lots and lots of questions - are the best methods. There are some good websites that provide questions, like Quizzlet and Seneca Learning. Definitely worth using them.
    If you can come up with a timetable where you plan what to study in each day, you`ll be more relaxed. It works much better than to decide what do revise on the day without planning.

Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.