Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

I found on Internet this interesting university called Sciences Po.
    I found that they have english course.

There is someone that study there that can give me some advice about this institution?

Thanks
    WiSi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    Hi guys.

I found on Internet this interesting university called Sciences Po.
    I found that they have english course.

There is someone that study there that can give me some advice about this institution?

Thanks
    WiSi
    I don't study there, but I know it's generally considered a very good university. They've visited my school once or twice, and I've gotten a really good impression (although political science is not my field of interest). My French teacher really insisted that we should consider applying. All applicants are interviewed on site in France, I think, so you'll get a chance to see the uni before accepting any offer.

It is one of the French elite universities (grandes écoles), and it has a very strong reputation both in France and internationally. However you should be aware that the extremely prestigious French part of the university is separate from the English-speaking part; the English programmes are not based in Paris but in other French cities.

Obviously, most of this is based on my own perception, but I hope it helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uzrnem)
    I don't study there, but I know it's generally considered a very good university. They've visited my school once or twice, and I've gotten a really good impression (although political science is not my field of interest). My French teacher really insisted that we should consider applying. All applicants are interviewed on site in France, I think, so you'll get a chance to see the uni before accepting any offer.

It is one of the French elite universities (grandes écoles), and it has a very strong reputation both in France and internationally. However you should be aware that the extremely prestigious French part of the university is separate from the English-speaking part; the English programmes are not based in Paris but in other French cities.

Obviously, most of this is based on my own perception, but I hope it helps a bit
    Thanks for your comment.
    I'm interested because I heard that do not have high taxes and have courses in english, no matter were are located.
    It's like in the 4th position in the ranking by subjects.

Just by reading their website I had the impression that they are very organized, and that have a very high quality, that I can't find where I actually live.
    I hope they will be friendly with international students.

I honestly do not understand how important is the difference between a Grand Ecole and a university, I hope you can give me more information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    Thanks for your comment.
    I'm interested because I heard that do not have high taxes and have courses in english, no matter were are located.
    It's like in the 4th position in the ranking by subjects.

Just by reading their website I had the impression that they are very organized, and that have a very high quality, that I can't find where I actually live.
    I hope they will be friendly with international students.

I honestly do not understand how important is the difference between a Grand Ecole and a university, I hope you can give me more information.
    I don't know about the tuition fees (that should be on their website - if not, email them). As I understood it from their presentation at my school (which was two years ago now, so I may remember wrong and things may have changed), non-French speaking students are based at one of their non-Paris campuses, while French students are in Paris. If you speak decent French (B2 or better, which is like a good grade at A-level) you can apply to the Paris campus instead. I would go for that.

A lot of the info you're looking can be found on their international admissions website: http://www.sciencespo.fr/admissions/...nal-admissions

There is also a list on that website of the campuses you can choose from.

I don't care much for rankings, but 4th in Politics is obviously a good sign, yes. It's the French version of LSE, basically. Bear in mind that the offer rate might be similar, too.

Grandes écoles are a bit like the Russell Group of France, but not really. It's a parallel and complicated system. You won't find an English language programme elsewhere than the grands écoles, so don't worry about the difference. A degree from a grand école is higher valued than an normal uni degree in France anyway.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.