Turn on thread page Beta

Driving Test Routes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone bought driving test routes? If so did it help?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    What do you mean? How can you "buy" a test route? Is it some site that claims to provide you with a set of routes used by DVSA examiners? If so it's 100% snake oil, i.e. a complete scam.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how you think its a scan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    What do you mean? How can you "buy" a test route? Is it some site that claims to provide you with a set of routes used by DVSA examiners? If so it's 100% snake oil, i.e. a complete scam.
    He's been linking it on few threads, it's basically gps routes you can download from "newdriverprogramme.com"

I routed it out as a scam a month ago on YT and they had the video taken down lol. A lot of the routes were either inaccurate or didn't make sense, fortunately it didn't cost me a penny.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by BigAls)
    Not sure how you think its a scan
    First off because fixed test routes don't technically exist, an examiner can adjust routes on-the-fly if needed (e.g. to avoid traffic or roadworks). Second, because test routes are pretty closely guarded information at the DVSA and they also change quite frequently. Third, because the practical driving test just had a major overhaul with the sat nav thing, so there's no chance all the test routes for every test centre in the UK is actually known when the new test has only been in operation for a few months.

Test routes are completely worthless information anyway. What is the point in memorising all 100+ potential routes a test centre can give you? None whatsoever. Improve your driving skill instead and you'll be able to drive on any road the examiner sends you down, regardless of whether it's on a fixed route or not. Don't waste your time trying to game the system.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, iv bought them but I will email them with those points

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I agree with Dez. I purchased test routes and found them to be very helpful with passing my test. I agree there is no point trying to memorising the routes, but using the routes I was able to drive roads that came up in my test.

ReputationRep:
    Dez is wrong about test routes being made up on the fly. Official guidance for examiners tells them to follow the route whenever possible. They have to write a report about any route changes. Most test centres have about 15 routes. It can help to know the roads that can come up rather than any specific route as many routes share roads.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.