Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Only now comming to terms that my gcses are in 2 months! Really stressed! :'( watch

ReputationRep:
    Im not really an academic person but I am still above average, but my motivation to study and revise has gone. I wasted so much time doing other useless stuff such as playing games and watching yt and netflix, my life is a joke right now. My GCSE's are in 2-3 months and the thought of getting bad grades is very scary to me as my mum has really worked hard for me and ive been spoilt so much that I stopped appreciating things as much. If i got crap grades for my gcse's it would make her cry as she has literally bought me all the revision guides, printed out past papers for me and more.

I really need some help/ tips on how to revise because I want to make my mum proud of me :cry2::no:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SC:Andreshot)
    Im not really an academic person but I am still above average, but my motivation to study and revise has gone. I wasted so much time doing other useless stuff such as playing games and watching yt and netflix, my life is a joke right now. My GCSE's are in 2-3 months and the thought of getting bad grades is very scary to me as my mum has really worked hard for me and ive been spoilt so much that I stopped appreciating things as much. If i got crap grades for my gcse's it would make her cry as she has literally bought me all the revision guides, printed out past papers for me and more.

I really need some help/ tips on how to revise because I want to make my mum proud of me :cry2::no:
    Revision timetable to make into a plan of all the asks you need to do.
    Revision notes- condensed.
    Practice past papers.

Work hard, consistently and patiently each day and you will soon catch up. Use your mums efforts to motivate you.

You can see numerous threads in the GCSE section with more detailed explanations on what a standard revision plan looks like. No time for regrets now , just focus and do your best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SC:Andreshot)

2 months is a lott of time!! Its pretty much the time when i started revising for my gcse's.. and ended up with decent grades so dw!
    Start by making checklists of the topics that u need to revise for each subject.. you could make a revision timetable but personally i believe that checklists work better as ticking off the topics you have already covered as u revise is pretty satisfactory and it will give you motivation to carry on. Past papers are key!! Use them well and make ur mom proud!! U got this!!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn`t agree more! practicing questions and planning your revision timetable are key! Also, try to mix content. So don`t do all biology and then all maths - for example. Do a bit of each. It helps memory and is less boring. I`ve also recently learned about something called The Forgetting Curve. It says we`ll always forget things, that`s normal. So we need to go back and revise again after some time. That`s also why the timetable is important.

You`ll do great and your mum will be proud!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.