Turn on thread page Beta

my friend comes to my house every time my sister comes home for the weekend watch

So I didnt notice this at first, but everytime my sister posts on instagram that she is back at my parents house for the weekend.

My friend will ask me if I want to play FIFA, as my house is closer to college and his parents are abit wierd, we always play at my house.

He then tries to time his visits to the Kitchen to be at the same time as my sister being in the kitchen.

I only noticed it this week, but its been going on for the past 4 months.

Should I ask him ? I feel like he is just using me.

ReputationRep:
    I mean it's not hurting anyone but you could joke around about how he fancies your sister etc but there's nothing to make a big deal out of it. If he proper liked her then he would of asked her or texted her in the last 4 months. No point in making this a big deal as it's probably an innocent crush and of course it depends on age and if she has a boyfriend or not etc.

(Original post by OnetyRick)
    I mean it's not hurting anyone but you could joke around about how he fancies your sister etc but there's nothing to make a big deal out of it. If he proper liked her then he would of asked her or texted her in the last 4 months. No point in making this a big deal as it's probably an innocent crush and of course it depends on age and if she has a boyfriend or not etc.
    He is 17 and my sister is 20

Its kind of annoying me now that I think about it, because I feel used ?

He doesn't have my sisters number or anything.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You need to start telling him no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He is 17 and my sister is 20

Its kind of annoying me now that I think about it, because I feel used ?

He doesn't have my sisters number or anything.
    Alright it depends on how long you've been friends because if you and him have been friends for years and you still hang out and have fun even when your sister is there then absolutely no worries like I said an innocent crush. If he started to be friends with you like recently and has proper fixed eyes on your sister and looks like he only talks to you when she's back then maybe ask him if he likes your sister and just tell him she's out of your league or whatever and maybe ask your sister if she notices anything .
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do you think your sister has noticed? Maybe she thinks he has moved in? Could she give him a wink?

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You need to start telling him no.
    I dont want him to take it the wrong way or something. He might think he there is beef beetween us or something if suddenly start saying no.

(Original post by OnetyRick)
    Alright it depends on how long you've been friends because if you and him have been friends for years and you still hang out and have fun even when your sister is there then absolutely no worries like I said an innocent crush. If he started to be friends with you like recently and has proper fixed eyes on your sister and looks like he only talks to you when she's back then maybe ask him if he likes your sister and just tell him she's out of your league or whatever and maybe ask your sister if she notices anything .
    we have been friends for years and do hang out over lunch and stuff even before he started showing at interest in my sister.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Do you think your sister has noticed? Maybe she thinks he has moved in? Could she give him a wink?
    I asked my sister, if she has received any DMs and she said no. Other than all her pictures getting liked, there hasn't been any communication online.

ReputationRep:
    we have been friends for years and do hang out over lunch and stuff even before he started showing at interest in my sister.
    Well then don't worry as much like she clearly isn't interested in him and he most likely knows there is no chance so just leave it and one day when he wants to come over just say not today or something, don't make it seem obvious that you're obsessing over a situation that really doesn't need to be obsessed about
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

I asked my sister, if she has received any DMs and she said no. Other than all her pictures getting liked, there hasn't been any communication online.

Seems pretty plain he has a crush and that shouldnt hamper your friendship. As Tiger Rag said you can say no and see what happens, just say you have a family thing on. Your sister probably knows.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Start to tell him you're busy over the weekends but you'll be free on whatever given week night, see how he responds.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.