Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyf moving away watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been with this guy for about 5 months and see him about 3 times a week and we just have a really nice time together.

In 2 months he is going to live in tenerife for about 3 months to rep at a club. He said that he wants us both to wait for each other but I just don’t know if I can cope waiting for him.

I am scared that he won’t come home and live out there for longer or will meet someone else whilst he’s out there. What would your advice be? Do I sit and wait until he gets home and risk getting hurt? Or do I finish the relationship when he leaves and try and move on?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Reginafalange100)
    I have been with this guy for about 5 months and see him about 3 times a week and we just have a really nice time together.

In 2 months he is going to live in tenerife for about 3 months to rep at a club. He said that he wants us both to wait for each other but I just don’t know if I can cope waiting for him.

I am scared that he won’t come home and live out there for longer or will meet someone else whilst he’s out there. What would your advice be? Do I sit and wait until he gets home and risk getting hurt? Or do I finish the relationship when he leaves and try and move on?
    I think that's a natural thing to be afraid of.

If you're contemplating ending it then I'd ask why? Just because of something that might happen?

If you do keep it up during the long-distance (3 months really isn't a long time) then video call becomes your best friend and you'll get a good indication of the health of your relationship from how often you're messaging each other.

ReputationRep:
    just wait 3 months and then see what happens - who knows maybe you'll just have to move on?? xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Chat everyday, video call everyday, see how he is getting on.
    If he's committed like you are, he will make time to fit this in with you.
    If he doesn't, - and by this, I mean doesn't at all, call or message you to let you know how he's getting on, then maybe consider all the options before calling it off.
    Again, 3 months isn't a long time. If he misses a day, it'll be down to a work meal, or night out with friends so don't treat that as a 'oh, he didn't message me today, end relationship'.

ReputationRep:
    He’s going out to be a rep. Honestly wouldn’t hold out much hope. Maybe break up for now then get back together once he’s returned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reginafalange100)

You're better off just dumping him tbh

It seems you have no idea the kinds of stuff these club reps get upto

You're almost guaranteed to get cheated on...

ReputationRep:
    Fill your boots whilst he's away.

There's a reasonable chance he will give in to temptation. Holiday rep in Tenerife and all that. Don't believe anything he says about him staying faithful to you whilst he's out there. He'll be of the mindset "She'll never find out. I won't tell her."

Keep in touch with him. I think every day would be too much. Once or twice a week would be about right. Quality of contact, not quantity.

If or when he comes back you can both carry on where you left off, if that's what you both want. If in the meantime either of you have met someone else that you prefer, than that would be a good result too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.