Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from both but can't decide on which to make my firm. I love the course at SOAS for the fact that it includes countries typically ignored, but I would also enjoy Queen Mary's course. I am more inclined towards SOAS for the course alone, but I'm worried about employability and I've heard negative things about the administration and overall experience.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by npoe)
    I have offers from both but can't decide on which to make my firm. I love the course at SOAS for the fact that it includes countries typically ignored, but I would also enjoy Queen Mary's course. I am more inclined towards SOAS for the course alone, but I'm worried about employability and I've heard negative things about the administration and overall experience.
    Have you been to them or have opportunity to visit? Getting your own feel for the place is a better indication than what you've "heard".

It's good that you're looking at the course as the most important thing though.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Have you been to them or have opportunity to visit? Getting your own feel for the place is a better indication than what you've "heard".

It's good that you're looking at the course as the most important thing though.:yep:
    I've been to Queen Mary for a history taster day and had a tour of the campus. I liked the feel of the campus and thought the content covered on the day was pretty interesting. I haven't been to SOAS yet. Do you think employers would prefer someone that studied at Queen Mary, considering it's a Russel Group as opposed to SOAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by npoe)
    I've been to Queen Mary for a history taster day and had a tour of the campus. I liked the feel of the campus and thought the content covered on the day was pretty interesting. I haven't been to SOAS yet. Do you think employers would prefer someone that studied at Queen Mary, considering it's a Russel Group as opposed to SOAS?
    No. A-level students are obsessed with membership of the Russel (sic) Group; employers aren't.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.