Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right the reason I'm leaving is due to not getting enough support in my assignment and finding it really hard. I've failed to assignment and will have to do them again. I finish at the end of April. Will I get charge the whole maintenance and tuition costs up front. Or will it be after I earn 21,000
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Bethers123)
    Right the reason I'm leaving is due to not getting enough support in my assignment and finding it really hard. I've failed to assignment and will have to do them again. I finish at the end of April. Will I get charge the whole maintenance and tuition costs up front. Or will it be after I earn 21,000
    Which year are you in?

If the fees have all been paid, then they go to the normal student debt (21j etc).

If you leave before the end of term and cease to be a student , then the period which you werent a student, but for which you have received payment, becomes an overpayment and due immediately. Maintenance for when you were a student goes to normal student debt.
    SFE will contact you about repayment, but you can make an arrangement with them or a modest repayment plan. You can also try and get up to 60 days discretionary payment.

It makes more sense to inform everyone that is relevant, uni, sfe , accommodation that you have left and fill out the paperwork rather than just vanishing.

If this was only year 1 then you have one gift year, which would cover this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.