Turn on thread page Beta

Should I continue with A-levels watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 12 studying Biology, Psychology and Geography. I am becoming really stressed and anxious about exams and I feel like I won't be able to pass any of them when it comes to the exams in year 13. Biology is my weakest out of the 3 but for the past couple of weeks, my grades in my other 2 subjects have been getting worse. I am thinking of dropping out of A-levels and doing a BTEC instead. I would really appreciate any opinions or advice anyone has.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind sharing your result?

If you are in Year 12, I think you can still make it if you put in effort. Revise from the textbook, make notes (colourful if you prefer), have a quiet desk (with music if you prefer)....away from distractions...do past papers...and get help from teacher....if you can, go tuition as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neluxsan)
    If you don't mind sharing your result?

If you are in Year 12, I think you can still make it if you put in effort. Revise from the textbook, make notes (colourful if you prefer), have a quiet desk (with music if you prefer)....away from distractions...do past papers...and get help from teacher....if you can, go tuition as well...
    I agree entirely with this, if you put in the effort you can make it happen. Switching to BTEC's is more of a personal decision, obviously you can take into account what everyone else says, but ultimately is down to you. Myself, I did consider taking a BTEC in place of A level psychology at one point in time, but when I realised that I needed all A Levels to get where I want to be, I am now on my grind to pass psychology because of where I want to be. Take some time to think about where you want to get to in life, is it that you want to go to university, go straight into an apprenticeship, what job fields do I want to go into, and so on...

I hope you found my personal experiences of some use, and good luck with your decision!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.