Turn on thread page Beta

What's your opinion on this? watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  28695762_10156056371532357_1240728694_o.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  44.5 KB

It comes from a page for plus-sized people. I just wanted people's takes on it, I know there's on group that would call it unhealthy. Then there's the side that thinks it's accepting ones self etc.

Try to keep it nice.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Billyboxford)
    Name:  28695762_10156056371532357_1240728694_o.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  44.5 KB

It comes from a page for plus-sized people. I just wanted people's takes on it, I know there's on group that would call it unhealthy. Then there's the side that thinks it's accepting ones self etc.

Try to keep it nice.
    I think everyone should strive to be a healthy weight and people should be encouraged, not shamed, to do so. Only then can you be rid of being content with unhealthily overweight.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, this glamorising of plus sized models who legit eat more to get bigger is so ridiculous and uterrly dangerous. You need to accept that you are at a higher risk of illnesses and death. There’s one thing feeling confident about your body but still wanting to be healthy is something i’m all for but the rest of it needs to stop

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't be accepted if you're promoting something that is grossly unhealthy

There's always an uproar anytime an anorexic person posts pics or is used by a designer to model their clothing, likewise there should be an uproar about this.

If she was just a big girl posting pics I wouldn't have anything to say, it's the fact that she's making a statement with her top and trying to inspire others to stay overweight that I have the problem with.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.