english lit help

Watch this thread
chloesky2018
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
so ive read the books i need to read for english literature, i havent analysed anything, ive tried to and bought lots of books and now its all overwhelming cus theres so many things to write and too much to analyse and exams are in two months and a half please help what should i do?

Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
use a cgp book and make notes on themes and characters
chloesky2018
Rep:
but theyre not good, ive got mr bruff books and york notes but its all over whelming
Alannah1706
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Perhaps try doing lots of questions, find out the thing you’re worst at then working towards that? That way you’re practising and condensing what you need to work on
chloesky2018
Rep:
(Original post by Alannah1706)
Perhaps try doing lots of questions, find out the thing you’re worst at then working towards that? That way you’re practising and condensing what you need to work on
i need to first analyse them, york notes or bruff?
Letitiajadax
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hiya so i feel know exactly how u feel!! I went 2 costcos and brought a pack of 50 dividers for folder and used 20 of them im my english folder!. I separated them like so... divider no.1- SPEC divider#2 - Macbeth character Divider #3-themes ect. I made a list of everythinggg i have 2 do! Eg . Macbeth character analysis,Ladymacbeth character analysis,Ambition mindmap,Guilt mindmap..... i also just made notes on everything first which i would then make into a mindmap. I didn’t just use one source of info i went on BBC bitesize,MrBruff,revision guides and also i typed up things like “ An inspector calls revision PDF “ and they had great info on them which was already condensed.Last tip....Make cue cards which have your top 5 quotes for each character or theme. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!
bennydfrg
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chloesky2018)
so ive read the books i need to read for english literature, i havent analysed anything, ive tried to and bought lots of books and now its all overwhelming cus theres so many things to write and too much to analyse and exams are in two months and a half please help what should i do?
Normally youcan buy book specific textbooks which are really helpful, they do summaries and help with exam technique
chloesky2018
Rep:
thank youuuuuuu, but is there enough time to analysee?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads