Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how to stop feeling like this? watch

Announcements

I'm a very quiet and introvert individual. I always have been growing up. I am now 17 and this is starting to affect me mentally. I don't really go out with my friends, one has OCD and anxiety, one goes out with another group of friends outside of sixth form, same with the other 2. I can't make new friends now because were all leaving in May so it would be pointless. I spoke to my head of sixth form about it, she said I need to basically do it myself (help myself), but I don't know what else to do. I'm behind on coursework on my A Levels, and for about a year or so since my ex all I have been is unhappy and low and I have these crying episodes about twice a week like I cry like a baby and nothing makes me happy. I go shopping and that doesn't make me feel any better. I eat unhealthy foods that doesn't help. I can't afford the gym so can't do that. I also spoke to my head of sixth form about my mum who has depression and occasionally my mum tells me she wants to die, like jump off a bridge or whatever and my grandparents are always giving her a hard time. Our benefits have been reduced and she's always stressed. I don't feel like I want to go out anymore. I am not as interested in what I like doing before which is photography, my rooms always a mess, I feel like I can't appreciate things anymore. I recently split up with an immature ex of a boy and now I feel like I'm so OTT with everything, I messaged him wanting answers, I see whos pics hes liking, its like im obsessed in seeing what hes always up to. it's like he's everywhere I see him on the way to school all happy and my friend says im just controlling and she's right but I don't know how to stop being controlling. I think social media has actually ruined me too. But I just want to be happy and it's like nothing is making me happy. My head of sixth form said she would get back to me with some counsellor help and that was a few weeks ago so don't think that's happening and she's always busy so I don't like to go for help so I've been avoiding speaking to her. She knows I'm suffering with whatever this is that's building in me as she sees me in lessons because she is also my business teacher. What can I do? I can't stop feeling sad and I cry so often every few days is that normal?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.