Turn on thread page Beta

Trump to be life president? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1GG015

His Excellency The President of the United States of America, Dr Donald J Trump, has recently praised His Excellency The President of the People's Republic of China, Dr Jinping Xi, for his effort to remove the limits of presidential terms.

The Golden Raspberry winner and Emmy nominee former reality television judge then said they should give that a go.

Would you support making America great...FOREVER?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But need some new faces once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Yes. But need some new faces once in a while.
    Plastic surgery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Plastic surgery?
    He's not eternal, so I should step in at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    He's not eternal, so I should step in at some point.
    he has children

ReputationRep:
    Plastic surgery?
    Berlusconi!

ReputationRep:
    He's going to go to jail soon for defrauding the USA and colluding with a foreign state.

Unless ofc Putin hands his family russian citizenships for everyone and fly out on their new air force 1 to Russia where theres no extradition treaty with the USA

ReputationRep:
    he has children
    I like him, but I'm saying I would do the job.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1GG015

His Excellency The President of the United States of America, Dr Donald J Trump, has recently praised His Excellency The President of the People's Republic of China, Dr Jinping Xi, for his effort to remove the limits of presidential terms.

The Golden Raspberry winner and Emmy nominee former reality television judge then said they should give that a go.

Would you support making America great...FOREVER?
    Hell no, as a British gentlemen I believe we should build another empire where the sun never sets and conquer the USA before the stupid libtards take control of it.

ReputationRep:
    Are you dumb
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    As for the legality of him becoming President, (un)fortunately that's a no. Read up on the 22nd Amendment.
    However, he can still become President (probably not for life) for more than two terms, if Mike Pence or some other candidate makes him their Vice President and the President dies, and good old Donald takes the role, otherwise it's a Constitutional Amendment, but that's ****ing hard.

ReputationRep:
    8 years of Trump

I'm sure on the last year they'll still be talking about the Russian collusion

Sabotaging the mans entire presidency

If anything evil Trump has done is that he is such a staunch Zionist. Why isn't the liberal American media attacking him over stopping Palestinian aid?

Oh I think you know why..

ReputationRep:
    The context is, however, that this was said during a speech where jokes are the order of the day. So perhaps, for once, we can ignore the windbag.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Trump is so envious of Xi. I bet he secretly wishes he has the scope of power/control that Xi exerts over his nation, seemingly devoid of any real check or balance.

Nothing new for him, he has a habit of praising political strongmen as he I think he sees himself as one, rather than the snowflake he is.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Trump is so envious of Xi. I bet he secretly wishes he has the scope of power/control that Xi exerts over his nation, seemingly devoid of any real check or balance.

Nothing new for him, he has a habit of praising political strongmen as he I think he sees himself as one, rather than the snowflake he is.
    I've never seen a leader as insecure as Trump to be honest. I honestly believe if left unchecked Trump would be no different to Xi, Putin etc, thank the lord U.S president terms are limited, not that he would get elected forever but who knows what's possible with the U.S these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floydd223)
    He's going to go to jail soon for defrauding the USA and colluding with a foreign state.

Unless ofc Putin hands his family russian citizenships for everyone and fly out on their new air force 1 to Russia where theres no extradition treaty with the USA
    His Excellency The President has immunity and if His Excellency becomes president for life, he will have receive a lifetime immunity treatment.

Make America Great FOREVER!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexty28)
    Hell no, as a British gentlemen I believe we should build another empire where the sun never sets and conquer the USA before the stupid libtards take control of it.
    You unpatriotic mess the Sun still hasn't set on the UK! Look it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtochangename)
    As for the legality of him becoming President, (un)fortunately that's a no. Read up on the 22nd Amendment.
    However, he can still become President (probably not for life) for more than two terms, if Mike Pence or some other candidate makes him their Vice President and the President dies, and good old Donald takes the role, otherwise it's a Constitutional Amendment, but that's ****ing hard.
    The Chinese president is also doing it by changing the constitution, so presumably His Excellency means exactly that, ie changing the constitution.

The dude is way too controversial so NO WAY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    I've never seen a leader as insecure as Trump to be honest. I honestly believe if left unchecked Trump would be no different to Xi, Putin etc, thank the lord U.S president terms are limited, not that he would get elected forever but who knows what's possible with the U.S these days.
    It'd be much worse tbh. Dr Xi and Dr Putin are experienced statesmen who have ruled their respective realms with better temperament, knowledge, and diplomacy.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.