Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm still in contact with two girls I went to high school with even though we have all moved out to uni in different cities.

Anyway, I only ever see them maybe once a year or less and feel like we've never really been good friends because we never spent much time together outside of school during high school. They used to be really flaky too, always making plans and then cancelling for the dumbest of reasons. At the time I considered them my closest friends but I felt like I missed out on so much cause they didn't go out much or do anything in general.

One thing I've noticed (and tell me if I'm over-thinking, please) is that every year when one of their birthdays comes around, the other will wish them a happy birthday but they never say anything when mine comes along. I'm assuming they have just forgotten but at the same time, why do they always forget mine and haven't they noticed that they never remember mine and never think to ask?

I don't really see the point of staying friends because we literally only speak to each other through Facebook, that's it! I think it's a waste of time. Does anyone else have "friends" like this?

Yeah. Just forget about them. Don't use facebook for 2 weeks, see if you miss them. If you dont then your relationship wasnt that good
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

These are not friends these are *****es. Stop talking to them you'll make real mates.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.