Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people stare at me when I close my eyes? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yourgyalsmcm)
    why does it bother you?
    It bothers me because it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable and angered. Don't these people have something more important to be thinking about than to look into my face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archosaur)
    Why do people stare at me when I sleep or close my eyes if I have a headache or a panic attack or going through stress on public transport?

When I'm on the Tube or DLR, I always catch someone staring directly at me when I open my eyes, which leaves me confused and puzzled as to why they are staring at me. I could have asked them why but I was too in the moment to even ask.

I just wanted to get a general response, I understand I may never know the true answer unless I actually ask these people.
    They are probably worried that you are ill and are wondering whether you need assistance.

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally close my eyes in the bus or during class because I want to give my brain a little rest, however, I haven't really noticed people looking at me; maybe because I can't see them and I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    How do you know they're staring if your eyes are closed...?
    When I OPEN my EYES, I catch one or more people directly LOOKING at ME. They would either be sitting directly in front of me or two or more seats away from my seat.

ReputationRep:
    When I OPEN my EYES, I catch one or more people directly LOOKING at ME. They would either be sitting directly in front of me or two or more seats away from my seat.
    Nah. As soon as you open your eyes, you can't see that they were staring. Staring is long, so when you just opened your eyes how do you know they were staring while you were asleep. Think you're just paranoid about public transport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    They are probably worried that you are ill and are wondering whether you need assistance.
    Literally no. People on public transport dont worry about others :rofl: jk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    Nah. As soon as you open your eyes, you can't see that they were staring. Staring is long, so when you just opened your eyes how do you know they were staring while you were asleep. Think you're just paranoid about public transport.
    Most human beings can sense if someone is looking at them... As soon as I blinked open my eyes, they were looking at me so they must have been looking at me for quite some time. It's not as if I opened my eyes and then they glanced over to me.

I don't need to write a novel on the whole scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Opportunistic voyeur....too scared to make eye contact.. you must be really pretty???

ReputationRep:
    How do you know people are staring at you if you aren’t staring back at them?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    How do you know people are staring at you if you aren’t staring back at them?
    Because as soon as I opened my eyes I see someone directly looking at me. As I've said previously on here, it's not like I opened my eyes and I looked at them & they glanced over to me. The scenario is I simply opened my eyes and I felt someone's gaze on me... during these scenarios they are either sitting directly in front of me or two/three seats away from me.

ReputationRep:
    Because as soon as I opened my eyes I see someone directly looking at me. As I've said previously on here, it's not like I opened my eyes and I looked at them & they glanced over to me. The scenario is I simply opened my eyes and I felt someone's gaze on me... during these scenarios they are either sitting directly in front of me or two/three seats away from me.
    Some people are just nosey. Also have you ever considered the possibility that someone might be looking behind you or next to you. I know its hard to understand the world doesn’t revolve around you but thats just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    Some people are just nosey. Also have you ever considered the possibility that someone might be looking behind you or next to you. I know its hard to understand the world doesn’t revolve around you but thats just a thought.
    Of course I have but that would have been noticeabe due to the direction of their head and eyes....

Thank you for sharing an obvious fact that billions of people already know, here's a shiny gold star for your efforts in sharing such useful information and to also fill that empty void

ReputationRep:
    Of course I have but that would have been noticeabe due to the direction of their head and eyes....

Thank you for sharing an obvious fact that billions of people already know, here's a shiny gold star for your efforts in sharing such useful information and to also fill that empty void
    Im looking at your messages ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ReputationRep:
    Im looking at your messages ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I'm not a troll, I've been on here since 2014. I just responded in that way because I didn't appreciate your comment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a troll, I've been on here since 2014. I just responded in that way because I didn't appreciate your comment.
    Nobody called you a troll. Stop worrying too much about people looking at you because i bet that as soon as they leave the train they forget you even existed. You’re overthinking.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody called you a troll. Stop worrying too much about people looking at you because i bet that as soon as they leave the train they forget you even existed. You’re overthinking.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) - I thought this was a troll face.

But yes I do have tendencies to worry a lot and to be honest I shouldn't even care about something like this anyway - thanks for the insight.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people stare at me when I sleep or close my eyes if I have a headache or a panic attack or going through stress on public transport?

When I'm on the Tube or DLR, I always catch someone staring directly at me when I open my eyes, which leaves me confused and puzzled as to why they are staring at me. I could have asked them why but I was too in the moment to even ask.

I just wanted to get a general response, I understand I may never know the true answer unless I actually ask these people.
    Probably because they know when you close your eyes, you're not looking at what they're doing

ReputationRep:
    They're wondering if you're dead.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.