Turn on thread page Beta

Higher Computing Science 2017-18 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone, thought I'd make a new thread for help with this years SQA Higher Computing Exam and Assignment.

Is it just me, or has anyone else just started the assignment with their school?

ReputationRep:
    If AS, then we just finished one...

ReputationRep:
    By higher do you mean A levels?

ReputationRep:
    No, SQA Highers. I don't know about other exam boards, sorry :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freya Jackson)
    Hey Everyone, thought I'd make a new thread for help with this years SQA Higher Computing Exam and Assignment.

Is it just me, or has anyone else just started the assignment with their school?
    To me thats pretty late to start the assignment. When I did my Higher, we started it in November/ December time. February/ March was to tidy up our reports etc. I know the new N5 assignment has been released not too long ago, however as far as I know, the Higher hasn't changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freya Jackson)

We started ours in late February, that’s me just about done mine now. What one is it you’re doing?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    we finished ours like a week or so ago lol

ReputationRep:
    We finished ours a while ago and are now just tidying up the report.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out i got 55/60 what did you guys get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtrayn)
    Ours haven’t been marked yet - that’s a great result! Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bwilliamson)
    Ours haven’t been marked yet - that’s a great result! Well done.
    Thanks man good luck for yours

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys feeling about the exam? Everyone in my school thought last year’s was exceptionally hard compared to previous papers, hopefully our exam will be not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher is the worst, how are you guys learning the theory?? I really need some help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzalover101)
    My teacher is the worst, how are you guys learning the theory?? I really need some help!!
    The "how to pass higher computing" textbook is very useful. Contains almost everything you need to know, as well as exam hint and tips. Additionaly, "scholar" has some very good notes on every topic and provides online revision sessions which you can attend or playback.

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I got 57/60
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by whatreally)
    Hey folks Whats the difference between index and counter when used in algorithms?
    Can anyone here help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    Can anyone here help?
    An index is a point in an array so the first index would be 0 and a counter is the thing used in a FOR loop to iterate through the array, so say the counter = 3 that means that if you look at array(counter), your looking at the 4th element(since array indexs start at 0) hope that made sense
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    An index is a point in an array so the first index would be 0 and a counter is the thing used in a FOR loop to iterate through the array, so say the counter = 3 that means that if you look at array(counter), your looking at the 4th element(since array indexs start at 0) hope that made sense
    whatreally Answer to your question above ^^^

Thanks Jtrayn

ReputationRep:
    When doing your program for the coursework what program did you write it on? My school uses Visual Basics 6 and i was wondering if anyone else did too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_24)
    When doing your program for the coursework what program did you write it on? My school uses Visual Basics 6 and i was wondering if anyone else did too?
    Yes, we used Visual Basic 6 at my school, too.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.