The Student Room Group

Selwyn College Summer School

Scroll to see replies

well done @goldilocks12!

how are you getting there?
@circleofsighs

I have no idea. I’m from Scotland so it’s quite far but most likely train I think. What about you?
Original post by goldilocks12
@circleofsighs

I have no idea. I’m from Scotland so it’s quite far but most likely train I think. What about you?

i might get the train depending on costs and what time we have to be there! i’m from leeds so it’s not too bad i guess
Original post by circleofsighs
i might get the train depending on costs and what time we have to be there! i’m from leeds so it’s not too bad i guess

Cheapest option is probably coach from most cities. The coach station is in the town centre while the train station is out of town, so it’s easier to get to your college than from the station. (Though selwyn is just off the town to the west while the coach station is in the eastern part of the town, so it’s a bit of walk. Still, it’s nearer than the train station and you’ll need to get bus or cab from there.
I didn't get in. Can't believe there was nearly 800 applicants!

From Leeds the train is pretty expensive iirc, but the national express/megabus do a coach for really cheap :smile:
Is travel not reimbursed?
Original post by Phosphodisaster
Is travel not reimbursed?

No, it’s only paid for if you meet a certain condition. I can’t remember what it is but it might be free school meals?
Reply 68
I haven’t received any emails?
im so happy, i got in! going to be catching a train from london :smile: anyone else from london going?
was anyone able to view the image that was attached to the acceptance email? for some reason i can’t open it
Original post by OrangeArcher
I didn't get in. Can't believe there was nearly 800 applicants!

800??? i heard there were less than 300 last year
Where are my fellow rejects
Reply 73
I applied for the Year 11 Selwyn summer school. Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 74
Original post by Mopspug
I applied for the Year 11 Selwyn summer school. Has anyone heard back yet?

so did I. But haven't heard anything.
Original post by geidiprimes
was anyone able to view the image that was attached to the acceptance email? for some reason i can’t open it

It’s just the Selwyn College crest
Original post by Phosphodisaster
It’s just the Selwyn College crest

oh thank you
Original post by riyapaa
so did I. But haven't heard anything.

Same here, still nothing for me either
anyone who got on wanna make a group chat for it? on snap or something
anyone who got on wanna make a group chat for it? on snap or something

Sounds great, Facebook or snapchat? If you dm me I can start one

Quick Reply