Turn on thread page Beta

I have a double nationality, how does funding work? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was born in Spain and I live in Spain but I also have a British passport. (my mom's spanish and my dad is english)

Do I apply to EU student funding or UK student funding. Does having a british nationality help in any way?

Thank you, - Laura x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by dowell1475)
    I was born in Spain and I live in Spain but I also have a British passport. (my mom's spanish and my dad is english)

Do I apply to EU student funding or UK student funding. Does having a british nationality help in any way?

Thank you, - Laura x
    nationality doesn't help, it's your residency for the past three/five years that matters so you're an eu student for funding purposes

ReputationRep:
    If you live in the UK currently and have a British passport/nationality you should (im assuming) be applying for UK Student Funding.

I'm only 80% sure on this but as a British Citizen residing in Britain you should go through the British route.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    nationality doesn't help, it's your residency for the past three/five years that matters so you're an eu student for funding purposes
    when I look into the EU student funding page they ask for a non-british passport, so if i applied to the uk funding with my uk passport they would decline it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a British and Spanish citizen living in Spain

(Original post by x.hana)
    If you live in the UK currently and have a British passport/nationality you should (im assuming) be applying for UK Student Funding.

I'm only 80% sure on this but as a British Citizen residing in Britain you should go through the British route.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    when I look into the EU student funding page they ask for a non-british passport, so if i applied to the uk funding with my uk passport they would decline it?
    Yes because you re address would show you aren't a UK resident.

ReputationRep:

Thank you, - Laura x
    Student finance look at residence not nationality. This means you would be classified as an EU student and entitled to a tuition fee loan only. You would have to pay any living costs yourself.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.