Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a schools direct interview and one of the activities is a subject knowledge test. I'm really worried as my subject knowledge is not up to scratch yet as my degree is in a different subject! Does anybody have experiences of what the knowledge tests are like?

ReputationRep:
    You may get better help if you say which subject. If your subject knowledge is a bit down, they may well offer you a subject knowledge enhancement course.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LR9797)
    I have a schools direct interview and one of the activities is a subject knowledge test. I'm really worried as my subject knowledge is not up to scratch yet as my degree is in a different subject! Does anybody have experiences of what the knowledge tests are like?
    I did one last week at my interview and it was just an excerpt from a GCSE paper. For English (my subject), they gave us just one unseen poetry essay question. I know for Biology, they got several questions due to the nature of the subject. They mentioned at one of the information mornings I went to that if your subject is only taught at GCSE/A Level then you might get a bit of both in your paper.

One question I was asked at interview is whether I could see any gaps in my subject knowledge and what I planned on doing to fix this. So, have a look over the AQA specification for your subject and see if there’s anything that concerns you. As ByEeek has already said, there might be Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) available. Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I had one on Monday. My Drama test was multiple choice questions about a range of things. The choices of answers were very similar so not as easy as it first looked to me. The guy next to me was doing History and he had a choice of 3 questions to write an essay on. The other two were art & design and had to go through their folders with the interviewer. These were for a school direct but set by Huddersfield University with who they are linked.
    Good Luck x

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.