Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know in an exam when u write more than the lines provided onto the blank space does that matter?? Like will the examiner cross it out??

ReputationRep:
    No, but you should really ask for extra paper, or you run the risk of it being illegible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11gharg)
    No, but you should really ask for extra paper, or you run the risk of it being illegible
    Even if it’s a few words??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berrydo)
    Even if it’s a few words??
    No, its a judgement call. If it's, like, an extra line, just go under. Do NOT try to squeeze an extra paragraph in in tiny handwriting, they just won't bother trying to read it

ReputationRep:
    You know in an exam when u write more than the lines provided onto the blank space does that matter?? Like will the examiner cross it out??
    You can't write outside the box in which the lines are in as exam papers are sent electronically to the markers and get cut around the outside. I would definitely ask for extra paper

ReputationRep:
    It's fine, I used to do that all the time. Just make sure it's legible and not all over the place or excessive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conconnie)
    You can't write outside the box in which the lines are in as exam papers are sent electronically to the markers and get cut around the outside. I would definitely ask for extra paper
    Oh no not outside the line of the exam paper just underneath the lines also why are they marked electronically??
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You know how there's a border around the lined area (I think it's usually a slightly different colour)? You can't write in there because it won't be counted. Anything inside the lined area is fine as long as it makes sense and can be read. I even once bullet pointed diagonally across the page cos I was really running out of time.
    If you run out of space in the lined area you'll need to ask for extra paper. I suggest if you get onto your last page putting your hand up then so they have some time to get to you before you actually run out of space.
    So again, anything that can be read inside the lined box is fine, bit anything else is a no go.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no not outside the line of the exam paper just underneath the lines also why are they marked electronically??
    Because each marker marks the same of one question, for example, they mark all question 1B's and it means the papers can stay anonymous as well and it's easier to distribute them I suppose and make sure none are lost and also anything that is in the box will be marked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conconnie)
    Because each marker marks the same of one question, for example, they mark all question 1B's and it means the papers can stay anonymous as well and it's easier to distribute them I suppose and make sure none are lost and also anything that is in the box will be marked
    Fair enough.... haha

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.