Turn on thread page Beta

Level 3 Extended BTEC Diploma + An A Level watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm thinking of taking a Level 3 Extended BTEC Diploma in Sporting and Sporting Science with an English Literature A Level along side with it. I spoke to the college I'm thinking of going to and they strongly advise against it unless you're achieving A's and B's, which I am, but I want to know whether it would be too difficult? I understand that I would have to be in college a maximum of five days a week but from the sound of things it doesn't sound too difficult?

The BTEC is assessment based which is completely different to my current GCSE's where I have to remember a lot of information for an end of two year test. I am predicted an 8 in PE, but I'm aiming for a 9. So surely if I am achieving highly in test based assessments then I'll find written assessments easy as all of your resources are there with you?

I just wanted to know if anyone has done anything similar and taken an A level along side a Level 3 BTEC and has any advice for it.

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by eparkes02)
    So, I'm thinking of taking a Level 3 Extended BTEC Diploma in Sporting and Sporting Science with an English Literature A Level along side with it. I spoke to the college I'm thinking of going to and they strongly advise against it unless you're achieving A's and B's, which I am, but I want to know whether it would be too difficult? I understand that I would have to be in college a maximum of five days a week but from the sound of things it doesn't sound too difficult?

The BTEC is assessment based which is completely different to my current GCSE's where I have to remember a lot of information for an end of two year test. I am predicted an 8 in PE, but I'm aiming for a 9. So surely if I am achieving highly in test based assessments then I'll find written assessments easy as all of your resources are there with you?

I just wanted to know if anyone has done anything similar and taken an A level along side a Level 3 BTEC and has any advice for it.

Thanks
    Possible, but why do you need the A level? Check what degree you wish to do and your BTEC is probably enough. Good grade on btec is better than mediocre BTEC and an A level.

The reason to do the post GCSE qualifications might be to get into uni, so see what the courses you are interested in require. Get DDD and you will have more unis you can go to for the sports management courses.

It is possible, but ask yourself if you can cope and why you need it. You can always start and then drop it if its too much.

Its not going to be that much use unless you want to do an English based course imo, but you might be just interested?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.