Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,I am mixed race, my mum is afro-indian and my dad is anglo-indian (though both on the Pakistani side) and Greek. I have had struggles about my race. And I always get people telling me how they think I am half white and how I look too Asian... etc. Well I generally tell people I am Pakistani and I tick British-Pakistani on the ethnicity on the box as I was raised my mum. I go to a club and I told the predominantly Asian people there I am pakistani, at first they told me i looked hlf whote but after they said by the way i talk i wasn't?? Wtf does that mean??? We started following each other on social media and on my bio there is a British flag a PAK flag and a Greek flag. Now I have some texting me on social media if I am Greek with laughing emojis... (Sighs) I was wondering if anyone else has these issues and I would love to hear everyone's stories.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the easiest problem you could solve with just telling them rather than writing it here. I wouldn’t even consider this a problem tbh? So what if your half paki or half greek or 1/3 British or whatever.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.